Engine won't start after sparks last night..........Will now

O

Odin

I'd take the plugs out and make sure they still have there tips, And do a comp test while I had them out.

But first of all I'd check that the rota arm want broken or that the screw that holds it in place has come out.

Rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
That's my plan when it stops snowing, but in reverse order. :wink:

Although the compression test won't be accurate when cold, if something reads 0, I'll have an idea where the problem is :x

O

Odin

I only suggested that you do the rota arm first because its the quickest thing to do :wink: And I know how lazy you are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Sory big boy, I misread your post :oops: That's the order I was going to do them in, easiest first :wink:

O

Odin

Fast Guy said:
Sorry big boy, I misread your post :oops: That's the order I was going to do them in, easiest first :wink:
That's alright fella I forgive you stupidity :wink: .

Rob

Dooie Pop Pop

i had no problems mate, truely sorry to hear your motors down :( it will teach you a lesson though.........

one bar just aint safe mate :lol: :wink:

was it running normally before you switched it off?

Stu

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Yep, it answers all those 1bar threads :lol:

Yes it was running normally and smooth, but there was something that didn't quite sound right, I thought it was the turbo maybe but it was probably something else.

O

Odin

Well it couldn't of been the rota arm if it was running could it :wink: , So you not got the 5hitter started yet then :?: .

It's a bit worrying that it wont start mate :? , I'd get them plugs out for a look see pretty sharpish :wink: .

Rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Something must have happened/failed when I went to restart it. :?
Unless all 4 pistons went at once :shock: I'd have thought it'd have started even on 3.

O

Odin

Fast Guy said:
Something must have happened/failed when I went to restart it. :?
Unless all 4 pistons went at once :shock: I'd have thought it'd have started even on 3.
Lets face it mate you'd better get used to walking :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Dooie Pop Pop

well it wont fix itself :lol: or maybe it will :lol:

its got to be a fuse or something silly. id have thought that even if the turbo was jammed/fubar it would still start or at least try to :?

maybe your headgasket has gone and the pots have water in them :lol: that' ll teach you for using it as a handicap :wink:

frp

remember when i had my problem carl?? i came down pennypot like a nutter, lit up the whole road near the travellers. drove like normal till starbeck over the lines and that was that..... My spark plug prob.!
any news yet
ps raced an M6 from rat and parrot junction!! love it :twisted:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
well it wont fix itself :lol: or maybe it will :lol:
I'm hoping it will :lol:

Steve, did you have sparks too? If it was the plugs, I'd have expected it to die pretty much there and then tho :?

frp

it was my plug, mine lasted for a while, sparks???? it lit up the road behind so yeah.
mine drove for ages well back to my house,, fucked turbo and engine though