engine removal, crossmember problem

S

skar

im dropping the engine to change my clutch atm and i was wondering if the turbo clears the front crossmember... i stripped 2 bolts trying to get it off :(

any info or links to help me out with the engine removal would be much appreciated.

O

Odin

You should of been sokeing these bolts with wd40 for day's before you tryed to remove them :idea: .

I soked mine for a couple of weeks before hand and they came out ok 8) .

rob

MarkTurbo

My crossmember always comes off easily now, only cos the engines been in and out so many times though :roll:

Theres not that much room to play with when dropping the engine out anyway, even with the crossmember removed :wink: :(

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

dont even bother trying matey i bent my lamba sensor trying to clear the crossmember. I think it would just about clear but the p.s pump keeps getting stuck as you try to drop the engine so i decided to drop the crossmember to prevent any more damage :oops:

Like said thiough these bolts can be a pain, luckily mine must of been off before as there was a bolt missing and you could see where the bolt had been melted off (with oxy/*setaline)*sp

Mr GTiR

i know it's a pain in the arse but if you can't get the front crossmember bar off then drop the turbo and manifold off the engine then drop the engine.

Do a search but it is possible to drop the box without dropping the engine - best contact Mike ex GTiR :wink:

Mr GTiR

i know it's a pain in the arse but if you can't get the front crossmember bar off then drop the turbo and manifold off the engine then drop the engine.

Do a search but it is possible to drop the box without dropping the engine - best contact Mike ex GTiR :wink:

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

i would try firstly by just taking the lamba sensor out. you will need a few hands though to try and angle the engine out as it will not drop straight out