Engine rebuild

Jenz

Thanks for all the advice on what to do next whith my project.Just one more question someone said fuel computor how much and how do i find one,remap who do'es this and how much. As for the turbo,i brought it from turbo technics they say its a stg 1 hybrid and will take up to 25 psi was this a good move,though it a bit late now.Thanks again jenz. :? :D

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Jenz said:
Thanks for all the advice on what to do next whith my project.Just one more question someone said fuel computor how much and how do i find one,remap who do'es this and how much. As for the turbo,i brought it from turbo technics they say its a stg 1 hybrid and will take up to 25 psi was this a good move,though it a bit late now.Thanks again jenz. :? :D

The stage 1 Hybrid is just a standard T28 turbo with the 270deg washer replaced with a 360deg one...

They say its good for 1.7bar...

You'd do well to have a really good look through the Tunning and Technical posts... There is a wealth of info there...

I've replied to your PM... :wink:

Rishi

T

Toady

ive got that spec turbo on mine but was told it was only safe/reliable for 1.4bar? :?

Keira

tee said:
this is actually a very interesting thread.

someone mentioned an emanage with a base map, would that mean a map that you set yourself? or would it have to be set up properly by someone who know what they are doing in order to acheive good results?
i might be wrong but as the e-manage is basically a glorified daughter board it doesn't have a base map, it uses the standard ecu map until you play around with it. The e-manage just gives you the ability to run a seperate map over the standard ecu.

You can do the same thing with the safc, once its wired in and set up you can run the car as normal until you start altering the settings.

neither of them are like a stand alone ecu where you would need a base map to get the car going as the standard ecu is still present and running the engine until you start playing about with it

keithg

Who mapped your car Rob?

Not naming any names but the place thats tuning my car the now is ''reluctent'' to tune mine's past 330bhp due to the stock internals.

330's not bad but considering the car already had 320 (280 on a bad day :oops: ) before my new turbo, maf, injectors etc Im not really wanting to put all that money into it for an extra 10bhp when I no now looking at your bhp levels etc what can be done a stock engine.

K.

Keira

keithg said:
Not naming any names but the place thats tuning my car the now is ''reluctent'' to tune mine's past 330bhp due to the stock internals.
my black car, standard engine, standard ecu, maf and injectors, no fuel controllers or piggy back was happily making 340bhp.

only mods were avcr, water injection, 3"dump/front pipe, front mount, hybrid turbo, oil cooler, big air filter.

probably the only thing i'd done which most people dont seem to do was to back the ignition off slightly

afr was bang on right through the revs 8)

i'd ask them to explain why they cant tune it above 330bhp :roll:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
keithg said:

K.
you know yourself a std car with a walbro and an uprated clutch will see 330bhp anyways. cant understand why they wont tune it up, surely 350 - 380 is within easy reach?

given the fact you've already fitted 550's and a Z32 maf alongside your new tubby :?

maybe you should just tell them thats what you want :twisted:

Dooie Pop Pop

deisel weasel said:
tee said:
this is actually a very interesting thread.

someone mentioned an emanage with a base map, would that mean a map that you set yourself? or would it have to be set up properly by someone who know what they are doing in order to acheive good results?
i might be wrong but as the e-manage is basically a glorified daughter board it doesn't have a base map, it uses the standard ecu map until you play around with it. The e-manage just gives you the ability to run a seperate map over the standard ecu.

You can do the same thing with the safc, once its wired in and set up you can run the car as normal until you start altering the settings.

neither of them are like a stand alone ecu where you would need a base map to get the car going as the standard ecu is still present and running the engine until you start playing about with it
you need the right software :wink:

O

Odin

keithg said:
Who mapped your car Rob?

Mine was mapped by wallace in aberdeen :wink: , I'm not a 100% happy with the map but it's ok and runs well right up to 1.5 bar which must be giveing me at least 420-430bhp :shock: 8) .

It made 386bhp at 1.3bar :wink: .

Most tuners don't like pushing the standard engine to far and I don't blame them really, What else have you done to your car to make you think it would be safe at these levels?. Because just a set of injectors and a new Z32 maf wont cut the mustard :wink: .

I have a Motec ECU that keeps it all safe along with a very big alloy rad and 19 row oil cooler to keep it nice and cool, And a 3" hybrid cooler.

And to be honest my big turbo is proberly the main reason I'm getting away with it, Because I only have to run 1.3/1.4 bar to get 400 + bhp.

It also comes in a lot later than a standard turbo so it's less stressful on the engine and drive train.

Even my injectors are better as well as they are the 3 hole type which give a better spray patten and there sitting in a JGY fuel rail.

A lot of people will say this and that wont make any difference, but when you put it all together it makes for a safer engine in my opinion :wink: .

rob