emanage ultimate problems

GTIR-LOZ

hi i have recently fitted my emanage ultimate and set it up how i thought it should be for standard injectors and z32 airflow sensor however it seems to massively overfuel the a/f at idle is 10.0 when i drive it there seems to alot of popping and banging on overrun and a bit of black smoke on boost i guess i must have set something up wrong i assume the a/fs should be around the 14.4 area at idle i am using a really basic laptop which does not seem to be able to cope with using a usb stick but my data log reads that the output airflow voltage is greater than the input voltage i.e so the emanage sees a small figure then makes it bigger for the ecu is this correct here is a post of my settings

engine code sr20det(14)
cylinders 4
engine size 1998
air flow meter type hotwire
maf spec ns_hw-7
airflow change to VG30DETT
rpm signal crank angle
crank angle type Ns-1
off set angle 0.0
vehicle speed pulse 2
vehicle spped adjust 100%
speed limiter cut deactivated

under injection tab i have

i/j size 444
i/j lag time 0.76ms (wont let me input 0.77:roll: )

i have left all maps at 0.0 so the emanage should not be adjusting anything and even have had them deselected in the dip switch panel at the front

ignition is ok and is at 20 degrees at idle
if anyone is in the know then could you check these settings to make sure they are ok

i did have a safc befoe and it run fine on this all i have changed is removing that and fitting the emanage

Fusion Ed

It needs setting up correctly.

"but my data log reads that the output airflow voltage is greater than the input voltage i.e so the emanage sees a small figure then makes it bigger" That is correct. The ecu expects a larger voltage from the smaller MAF Vs air flow.

Leave the lag times blank, and adjust later - if necessary. Adjust the injector correction factor until you get a sensible reading at idle, don't worry too much if the sizes don't correspond with the size of injector your using, and progressively test as you come onto boost. e-manages are not an exact science etc... All that matters is the final output being correct.

Ed

GTIR-LOZ

oh right i thought that if i left the readings all at 0 then the emanage wont adjust anything coming in or going out?

so if i change my injector size in the i/j before/after section to a smaller size injector it would add less fuel as standard?

and another question how come the ecu is not trying to enter closed loop? i thought at idle it would always try to get to stoich

GTIR-LOZ

oh i see so if i can get it to idle at 14.4 or so then the rest of it should come in, its strange that the gtir seems to be different to most other cars where you put all the info in and they run the same as standard as long as the maps are 0

Fusion Ed

Not really. I have fitted them on loads of cars, the exact values may run, but its never exactly right.

GTIR-LOZ

i have been looking on the internet and found there is an injector adapter that you wire into the injectors that stops overfueling on idle - do you think i need this?

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/

i was looking at injector adapter #2 it does say for 6 cylinders but the info says for 4 also

GTIR-LOZ

Success, well done edd:thumbsup: - putting the lag times to zero made the car as it was before afrs of 14-15 at idle drove it around seems as standard now, i guess i will leave the zerod then :p ,

next problem :roll: ;-) : i wanted to created a data sampling map to see where to start adjusting the fueling but it does not seem to work i have my ugeo connected to option port 1 via only the white wire, and setup in the front panel menu, do you need the grey one connected to earth, as it seems to work fine on the data log but not for sampling?

also i am using a laptop that had windows 98 on it :oops: not sure if this has anything to do with this prob but when i data log when i start the log then i have all the values shown on the right of the page with the map traces on the left when i stop the log and go to save i lose the figures on the right but keep the map trace, i have seen peoples logs on other forums and they show the figures on the right, is there anything i am doing wrong here, as its quite hard to read the logs on the graphs accurately:cry:

GTIR-LOZ

right i next connected up the other wire from the a/f harness to the ugeo earth wire, the data sample seems to work now with varying results, i went for a run on low boost and used the data sample to get a very rough idea of the afrs

then i started to create the a/f target map:lol: which can get very confusing

edd if i email you my target map can you look at it and see if its ok?