electronic or under bonnet?

G

GTiRich

I'm looking to up the boost on my car and really want an electronic controller, but they seem damn expensive. Is a manual under bonnet system any worse? What would you guys say?

A

antilag

well wen u can get a greddy controller for 250 quid and u will never have to change it it comes with everything u need to run endless power and looks cool to lol i really would never have anything else bleed valves ect suck and in my opionion ent worth $hit if u want a little more power just add jets for about 40p lol message me for more info if u like

J

jasegould

Ive been running a bleed valve for over a year and have never had any problems with it, had it set up on the RR to 280bhp with filter and exhaust :p

A

antilag

yeh but u cant beat electronic control the greddy works 0 to 100 once u work out wat number represents wat boost u got it made and its acurate u can set a warning for over boosting where it flashes red also add the button u got low to hi boost at the flick of a button i've been running electronic boost controllers for 4 years i dnt seem the point in bleed valves they are completly useless all u have to do is jet the pipework to get more boost so y waste 30 quid on a bit of old brass

J

jasegould

bleed valves they are completly useless
Id totally disagree, ive used one for ages and does exactly what it is supposed to therefore not useless.

y waste 30 quid on a bit of old brass
You show me a better way to get APPROX 1bhp per £ :?: :?:

Bleed valves are a crude way of increasing boost but its like most things, if u dont overdo it you wont have any problems, and I'd rather save my cash than buy something that I personally dont really need.

:D :wink:

Keira

If you dont fancy a bleed valve and dont wont to spend out on an electronic controller contact ex-gtir and speak to him about his in car switchable boost solinoid thingy-me-bob he does, you get a little switch to flick between standard and 0.9 bar i think.

I havn't got one cos i like pretty dials so i brought an avcr which i have no complaints about. :)

A

antilag

i bleed valve works by reducing air to the actuater by leeking it out all u do is pull the pipe off put a 50p jet in there to restrict the air to the actuater and u have more boost simple takes seconds and costs under a pound??????????and u will get the same boost all day long...........

J

jasegould

Youll laugh at this then....when i first got my R i was reluctant to do any work on it myself in case i blew it up so in my naiveness i paid a certain maldon based company to upgrade my boost by fitting, unbeknown to me, a bleed valve and charging me £200 :shock: :roll:

J

jasegould

Youll laugh at this then....when i first got my R i was reluctant to do any work on it myself in case i blew it up so in my naiveness i paid a certain maldon based company to upgrade my boost by fitting, unbeknown to me, a bleed valve and charging me £200 :shock: :roll:
w****rs

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
jasegould2002 said:
in my naiveness i paid a certain maldon based company to upgrade my boost by fitting, unbeknown to me, a bleed valve and charging me £200 :shock: :roll:
w****rs
That town has a familiar ring to it :shock: have I SENit before by anychance?