Electricalnor mechanical oil pressure sender

stumo

Paz, even with the fitting kit you might need to buy an adapter, it depends what's in the kit.

You won't need the thing in the second picture as you'll be fitting it where the old oil pressure sender fitted.

You're also best getting a oil pressure switch so that the oil pressure light will work. The standard OP switches are almost useless as they operate at too low a pressure BUT you can get a 20psi switch.

If you look to the right of the oil filter you'll see a long brass adaptor with two senders screwed into it. One id the sender for the gauge, the other is a 20psi switch. You'll need to wire up the OP switch to the light (it's one of the wires that went to the original OP sender.

paz

Cheers stumo, can I buy one online so I know I'm getting the right one?

If so could you linky me please?

stumo

Think Automotive will do all the adaptors and switches.

You'd be better buying the gauge then finding out what adapter you'll need.

Sender units usually come with either a 1/8NPT or M10x1 thread....

the high pressure switch will proibibly be 1/8NPT

Last edited:

paz

:lol: apologies- forgot about that one!

The 20psi sender, is that basically so the warning light on the aftermarket gauge doesn't stay on all the time? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

stumo

wrong end of the stick.

Aftermarket guages usually don't have a low oil press light in them

The original oil press sender has two functions...

1 to operate the oil press guageon the dash
2 to operate the oil pressure light
Once you remove the original sender the light won't work so you're best getting it to work...you'll see the light straight away but not necessarily see the guage being low....

paz

And if I want both the original oil pressure guage and the new one to work, I guess I'll have to find a way to
plum both senders in?

Looks like a job for the garage :lol/

cheers

Paz

paz

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so if the other dial is 'dead' it will annoy me.

I think i've got OCD!