ecu`s

nismoboy

I recently found out that most aftermarket ecu`s wipe out use of the det sensor on an r,Does anyone know of an aftermarket ecu that allows u to keep the det sensor :?: as i would rather it was still in use and protecting my engine.

J

J-GTi-R

The DET senso in most cases is more trouble than it's worth. The best thing to do would be to get a knock-link like the Scooby guys use. this won't do anything to the car if you get DET, but you can accurately monitor it yourself and back off if you start getting problems.

GINGA

Iirc the det sensor still works on the power fc and what happens once the det levels get to high can be adjusted to 8) probably wrong though lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you have a good mapper, he will (should) map your car so it doesn't detonate. He will be listening for det when mapping.

A

AJ4

I read somewhere that the Power FC only monitors the det sensor, but doesn't retard the timing like the standard ecu does :( It hasn't got the facility built in or something.

M

memski

Ross said:
I read somewhere that the Power FC only monitors the det sensor, but doesn't retard the timing like the standard ecu does :( It hasn't got the facility built in or something.
That's right, no safeguard like the stock ecu.

zia

would have to say that good mapping with aftermarket will be the best safeguard, i don,t use lambda or knock on mine and i,ve used different petrol(97-95unleaded) with full boost ( 1 bar) no problems whatsoever,

zia

p.s there is simple way you can monitor it yourself if you wished to!

zia

you,d just tap in into the standard knock sensor with led wired onto dash cheaper than the knock link the scooby,s use and just as effeicent.

zia