EBC REDSTUFF - any good?

geetee

As subject really!

Anyone any comments on EBC Red Stuff on Standard Calipers and Discs?

Getting a set for fronts - £46.58

Should be here next Tues / Weds - so probably fit them next w/e.

Hope I haven't wasted my cash!

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

AZ STE

Think they need heating even more than the greens, the best addition to standard brake setup are goodridge hoses about £50 full set :wink:

geetee

They'll get warm :) I'm sure

More concerned about the fade on my current pads (dunno what they are!)

Prob be going for big brake kit soonish - but pads are shot so need to get something on.

Do these Red Stuff perform cr@p when cold then?

CHeers
GeeTee 8)

geetee

oh dear :(

as long as they stop me when they're hot I'll be happy.

Current setup feels like a block of wood underfoot by the 2nd or 3rd corner - and doesn;t slow u down AT ALL!

These have to be an improvement.

Don't matter if they wear out quick - I'll be changing discs to biguns soon anyway - so will need to change pads then.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

kyepan

When was the last time you bled the whole system and checked the pads at the back for glazing. etc? that made a hell of a difference to mine, cause they were going really squidgy under a bit of abuse, and the fluid boiled once..

on the side, i would definitly recommend Mintex M1144 pads, the pagids were ok too.

skiddusmarkus

Don't matter if they wear out quick

Mine lasted 30minutes.It was on track though but a Skyline owner told me his lasted about 50 miles on the road.These were older compunds though.Maybe they've improved them now.Or maybe not.

N

N1SMO

i got a month ot of mine. mintex 1155 are much better and thats been 6 months now but will need changed soon.

C

caz

I used the greens and wasn't impressed! And I too heard Red's take lots of Warming up. Got 1144's to go with me Brembo's so I'm glad of the comments :)

the best addition to standard brake setup are goodridge hoses about £50 full set
Are they good are they :?: . Got some of these to go on too :D

Dan_GTiR

Now then mate.

Had these on my old car, where pretty good once to temp,
didn't last to long though.

Hopes this is some help.

Cheers

Dan :)

A

Anders

Barge and Pole comes to mind. I've used EBC pads on 3 high powered cars now and they were fooking awful. Green stuff - shockingly crap. Red, OK but poor wear and need warming up too much.

Stick to Pagid or mintex as already suggested. At least with these you get a strong bite from cold which gets even better when warm! Plus they last OK and I've never been able to get them to fade.

FYI EBC disks are also shite.

A

Anonymous

shite pads all round as I have the greens on mine and will be rid of them when shite!

as the guys say get the whole system check and I would go for the DS2500 as used to run them on the gtr. good fast road past and do take a hammering as well as not punishing the discs.

biggest diff was some braided hoses for pedal feel and some racing blue fluid as it does just not get hot. even better than dot 5.1 and the others.

abbey sell it as do most tuners.

M

madMATT

ebc redstuff

morning dude i wouldnt waste ypur cash on them ,. i run a shop and a customer went through 3 sets in a year and they were only on 130bhp orion 1.8 16v look at either tarox matched to national grooved discs or pair of tarox discs or ferrodo racing pads etc. if your buying greenstuff discs then becafeful of drilled holes these suffer from heat cracking through the holes if you need any other prices i can help dude just pm nice :lol: