dropped doors

B

blr123

Can't get a pin it's the whole hinge band they're £17.50 each :wink:

Cheers Bryan

A

Anonymous

you can also adjust them, my driver's side sagged a bit when i first got the car, took it to a panel beater and they adjusted them, a year later, no problems

Gino

Keira

One way of doing them is to put a jack beneath the door with a bit of wood between the door and the jack and gently lift it up abit.

Have to be careful so you dont damage the door though :cry:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Not realy looked at mine, but it's started to drop abit when I open the door, Is it a top, bottom or both hinges I need?

Websnowbo

Hinges

You need both of em really Fast Guy, they only wear a tiny bit but the weight and amount of leverage (Spelling?) on them makes them worse.

I got a set off a scrapper (my local scrappy has a policy that if you can fit it in your tool box the parts are free)

Well, they do in my eyes anyhow :lol:

O

Odin

Re: Hinges

Websnowbo said:
You need both of em really Fast Guy, they only wear a tiny bit but the weight and amount of leverage (Spelling?) on them makes them worse.

I got a set off a scrapper (my local scrappy has a policy that if you can fit it in your tool box the parts are free)

Well, they do in my eyes anyhow :lol:
Hey I used to shop at the same scrappy 8) :twisted:

Cris

You can of course just bend them up. Jacking is one way. Holding the bottom and pulling very hard is another.

It's very similar to the hitting things with big hammers method of adjustment.