Dirt fell into intake??

olliecast

Evening all,
I`m going through the painful process of removing my intake and came to pull it off but missed one of the pipes on the back :doh:

I can`t get to this so will have to remove the y bracket from underneath.

However,
When the inlet to block joint came apart (when wiggling the intake) a small amount of crap may have fell down into the intake on the block (this is the crap thats developed on the top of the seal over the years)

Should i be worried?

Cheers,
Love a very intake removal stress induced,
ollie

GTiR-Aholic

I shouldn't think so.. if it was a nut or something then yes! but otherwise that bit of dirt will simply burn away I'm pretty sure about that.. I've taken my intake off on two cars and there's not "much" of it hanging around.. I do try spray it off with brake cleaner and the air line first but I wouldn't say its anything to worry about.

saddler

Did you do this with the engine in ollie.. real bitch of a job with the y braket still in

olliecast

cheers for the help lads

engine is in and the pissing y bracket too.
Downpipe and filter is coming off tomorrow to try and get the y bracket off.

saddler

i just did my intake without taking the braket off..is the pipe in the middle .. have you tried to slowly wiggle the pipe free.. may help spray some wd40 onto the pipe..

olliecast

all done and off now.

Going to plug all my unwanted holes to get rid of all the bungs on me throttle bodies. Also getting rid of the heater circuit and the y shaped bracket as it will now be used as a burgler basher. Polishing the internals and going to knife edge the plenum intake too.

What a bastard of a job though. Especially the large L shaped pipe to the left (standing at the front of the engine). I ended up cutting mine off. Has anyone made these pipes longer so they can be connected then looped round the back prior to putting on the inlet? Would make it alot easier.

cheers,
ollie

GTiR-Aholic

I just leverage it forward.. then get my cutters our and cut the bastard pipes at the back :p... I've ordered all new samco though lol

olliecast

Has anyone tried to make the pipes longer to make it easier to fitm

Surely the standard pipes will be ok and cheaper than the samco ones?

GTiR-Aholic

When I first took it off.. I replaced the pipes with longer hydraulic pipes I've got here in the workshop.. you just have to make sure their not TOO long so that when you fit the intake, it doesn't bend the pipe so much to cause a restriction