DET Sensor fitted but ...

hmmm

Hi,

Got the DET sensor fitted today and the error code has cleared up. The car also runs a lot faster 8)

Before the sensor was replaced the boost gauge used to go up to 7. Now after the sensor has been replced the boost gauge goes past 7. Keep in mind that I am running standard boost. I didnt drive the car on boost as I drove home becauseI was afraid that I may be runing unlimited boost or something. I dont have a Bleed Valve, Dawes device or Boost Controller.

Is the gauge inaccurate or am I somehow running more boost?

Thanks again

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The gauges aren't known for their accuracy, so it might be worth fitting an after market gauge to tell you your pressure. In the mean time have a look under the bonnet and make sure the boost hoses are intact and not split/damaged whatever. You might be running 1bar :?:

hmmm

Is the hose with the green mark the restrictor hose?

Will take off the intercooler and check tomorrow to see if I can spot anything.

MarkTurbo

If you've got a top mount and took it off to fit the det sensor did you remember to connect the actuator pipes back up onto it :?:

I usually forget them :oops: :oops: :oops:

hmmm

Checked all the piping and it seems fine :?

How many pipes go up into the Top Mount Mark apart from the two big ones?

MarkTurbo

If you follow the pipe from the wastegate actuator back towards the plenum, look at the top right hand corner of the top mount. The rubber pipe should attach to a metal pipe mounted on the intercooler bracket, then come off this metal pipe and onto the plenum :wink:

hmmm

Yeh it's all there. Checked it earlier.

Could this just be an inaccurate Boost Gauge that became even more inaccurate when the DET sensor was replaced, as I can't see how the boost has been increased. Although the car does feel faster, but I am putting this down to the old DET sensor retarding the timing.

Anything else I should check?

andygtir

if the det sensor was broken the ecu would have knocked back the boost to run 0.5bar instead of 0.7 and knocked back the timing.

check your piping and get an after market gauge on there quick to see what its boosting too.