de locking

R

r5ben

is there a 4 door sunny ?? if so anyone used the rear door handels on the front of the pulsar ?? de locking it as the rear have no locks ?? done this b4 on some other cars but not on a R anyone do it ?? :wink:

A

ard1ey

You can, but you need to cut a chunk out of the door skin where the lock normally lives and I'm pretty sure you need to use bits of the front and rear handles to get a pair that will work and fit properly.

Mr GTiR

plastic weld straight over the holes of the door lock, then put a thin skim of filler and sray the door handle. job done 8)

JU5TY

I’ve done it, it’s a bit of a nightmare, you have to swap the mechanisms over with the original handles. You have to cut the metal away where the lock is, also the bolt holes don’t line up!
Looks spot on when its done, I took a few pics while I was doing it, will post them up at some point.

S

SunnyGTi2.0

Justy; At some point soon? Would really like to see that!
I'm thinking of it myself.. It should look the bollocks, but I haven't seen it yet..

R

r5ben

i know its not a crazy mod but its things like that that make you car stick out from the others and as mines black making it stick out from all the rest it what i want it to do seeing as 90% ish are black lol :wink:
id love to see the pics mate if youve got them :roll:

JU5TY

Ok here are the pictures...

Not only does the left hole need to be further to the left, it also needs to be lower!
After I bolted them on, I used Sikaflex behind the handle for added strength and to make sure its water tight etc.

R

r5ben

yes but that just looks so much better really cleans it all up ! looks ace mate ! :wink: think it needs to be done even if it is hard work ! :shock: