Dashboard removal help needed

D

deslynam

Am replacing the main dashboard part tomorrow, almost managed it a while ago but it seemed like something was stopping it coming all the way out.

For those of you who have done this before, is there anything in the centre near the windscreen or lower down that might need undoing or unclipping?
I undid as many screws & clips as I could see and it felt as though one thing was still done up - but I didn't want to pull on it too hard (as ever).

PMs from non paid-up members also appreciated! :lol:

D

deslynam

Like I say, it seemed to be somewhere central, toward the engine bulkhead/window.
It seemed free at each side and I could generally wiggle it about but was too scared to pull really hard incase I break something that I need to reuse for the replacement dash.

Are there any screws/bolts underneath/near the front I need to do, which aren't obvious?

S

Stoned

Yeah theres that cable that controls the center vents. You have to unhook that first from the drivers footwell. Right git of a job and remember to tie some string into the cable so when u pull it up and through you'll be able to pull it back!

Mr GTiR

humm this job should only take 30 mins.

Mines be in and out more times than i care to remember.

Also, don't forget the air con temp sensor has a cable on it with no slack at all. It's a b1tch to unplug if you have one.

D

deslynam

Where's the air-con temp sensor then?

Yes I undid the bolts under te plastic covers, thankyou! :roll: Also did the vent cable.

Once everything's undone, should it just slide out without resistance?

JIMMYBACK

deslynam said:
Where's the air-con temp sensor then?

Yes I undid the bolts under te plastic covers, thankyou! :roll: Also did the vent cable.

Once everything's undone, should it just slide out without resistance?

ok its easy to miss bolts matey dont be soo touchy :lol: :lol: :lol: if you done the cable and top bolts then it should just slide out :shock:

JIMMYBACK

can you take a piccy of the dash how it is and maybe from there i can spot the offending cable/items holding it 8)

D

deslynam

At the moment it's back in place, will be re-trying tomorrow though.
I'll e-mail photos to you tomorrow using your msn address, cheers Jimmy. ;)