dashboard clocks problem, urgent,

DanDud

:cry:

Hi guys,

I fitted lockwood indiglow dials today and put them back in, had all the usual spindle problems but got them all sorted. Apart from my speedo which now Refuses to work ATALL!

But the speedo is the least of my worries at the moment, all the other dials were working perfectly but i conected 1 of the wires wrong at the back and now none of my dials work, they light up but nothing moves!

Im just wandering if there is a main fuse for all the clocks which i could have blown as they were all working till i connected 1 wire wrong. And i cant read japanese!

On this diagram: http://www.gti-r.com/Reference/fusebox.jpg

Is the top left fuse which says Meter the fuse for the clocks?

I desperatly need this sorting tonight as iv got to go to Wales all day tomorow.

And due to the memberships being suspended i cant join up yet so could the mods please leave this here till its sorted!

Many thanks and i hope you can help

Dan. :cry:

DanDud

Hey,

The fuse had blown so that is all sorted.

The speedo still point blankely refuses to work and i havnt gotta clue about this? Although all the other dials are fine and accurate.

Cheers - A very relieved dan.

O

Ollie-R

car

hay have you cut down the two positioning lugs so the faces sit flush or the diles will not move due to being pushed against the clear plastic face

DanDud

No i havnt cut any of the lugs down matey, was i meant to? You do mean the 2 clear plastic pins which hold the dial face in place? The needle moves fine when i move it by hand and it doesnt catch on anything.

O

Ollie-R

nice

when you screw the face to the holders it traps the needles so you need to make some space
take them apart and find out if they are being trapped and remove some of the clear plastic lugs

DanDud

OK cheers matey, il try that either tomorow or monday its too late now.

Iv just noticed that the mileage numbers rnt moving either so im guessing i have a bigger problem than just the lugs?

Thanks dude

Dan.