Damaged Brake Discs

A

Anonymous

I've had a Hi-Spec 300m set of front brakes on the R for 6-8 weeks now, and yesterday i noticed a grinding noise from the front drivers side and as i know feck all about cars i took it to a local garage.

the outcome - pads a minimum on the front and the drivers side disc has been cut into :( do i need to replace it? its only the one side but it has a few lines cut into the disc.

what do ya reckon?

P

paulrandy

Nah, new pads and it'll likely be fine, at worst if you think the grooves are too deep you can get the discs skimmed.

Disclaimer, if the brakes fail and you crash PaulRandy can in no way be held responsible! :lol:

A

Anonymous

paulrandy said:
Nah, new pads and it'll likely be fine, at worst if you think the grooves are too deep you can get the discs skimmed.
Ahh cool, they'll probably be ok. Havent paid for them so maybe i wont bother....(waits for ben...)

paulrandy said:
Disclaimer, if the brakes fail and you crash PaulRandy can in no way be held responsible! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

A

antilag

lmao at greg the first man to ever were pads down in a day lol they must have been making noise b4 that day if they are that worn greg have u been wearing your ear muffs again

A

Anonymous

lol, i heard the noise first when i pulles into bens place.

i took a few people out recently to show them the difference and i did a few 'heavy' stop which may have done it :lol: :oops: