custom fmic

H

hum

i have the chance to get someone to build a custom fmic, all they say i have to telll them is

it is a bar and plate intercooler.
Core Length : 24" (600mm)
Core Height: 12" (300mm)
Core Thickness: 3" (75mm)
Inlet Size: 3" o/d (75mm)
Outlet Size: 3" o/d (75mm)
"End to End" Length: 32" (800mm)

High flow >800 cfm
High power handle upto 700bhp
High efficiency big core with internal fins!!
Low pressure drop 0.2psi at 15psi

the above informaition is one they have alraidy, do you know what size of fmic, would be best, for about 400-450 bhp,as all they do is make it up, and a week later i have one.

this fmic will be cheap, around £200, and i can get pipes made up for my car..

so can you help,
what size are your intercoolers, or do you know what size intercooler i need for my car.

thanks
ryan

N

Ninja_tune_factory

can you get more made up for £200 ? look at the sise of a skylin r33 or 34 intercooler i fink there about the biggist ( someone tell me if im rong :? ) but dont no how much power they can tack.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The forge intecooler core is about 23*11*3. Some one (I can't remember who) said it was good for about 370 bhp.

P

purplemonster

mine from usa is 33x11x3 and is said to be good for 600bhp?

and it is bar and plate ,rather than the standard tube and fin

it works very well

RO

A

Anonymous

i think the forge and the R33 pipework are the same or very similar.

M

Mr Overboooost

Fast Guy said:
The forge intecooler core is about 23*11*3. Some one (I can't remember who) said it was good for about 370 bhp.

you are correct in saying forge ones are good for a max of 370bhp the cfm on those is only 250

cheers
gary :)

ian c

FMIC

not sure what power the skyline i/c's are good for - but they are huge.....
looking at that pic i'd say that the frontal area of the forge is quite similar to my R33 one, but i'm not sure how thick they are....looking at the size of the piping, i'd say skyline ones are thicker (dimensions can be easily found on the web)...

anyway, its all a trade off, the skyline i/c's are very heavy compaired to the alloy ones!

piping looks different - not sure where the return pipe on the forge goes, but looks like goes up between front panel and the cross member...??
mine runs straight out and up through the hole in the inner wing where the original airbox gets its secondary feed.

PS - i do have R33 pipework dimensions/pics if anyone needs them.

Ian C

O

Odin

I spoke to forge the other day about this 370bhp and it's rubbish
I plane to run over 500bhp and was told that it would be fine so
before posting maybe you should of phoned them first to get your
facts right rather than posting second hand info :evil: :cry:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have to admit, if Hums intercooler would do 700 bhp, Forge's intercooler would have to be one of the worlds most inefficient to only manage just over half of that.

M

Mr Overboooost

vpulsar said:
I spoke to forge the other day about this 370bhp and it's rubbish
I plane to run over 500bhp and was told that it would be fine so
before posting maybe you should of phoned them first to get your
facts right rather than posting second hand info :evil: :cry:

that was where i got the figures from so either i was told a load of bollox or you was told what you wanted to hear :eek:

i will ring them monday and see what they say this time :wink:

cheers
gary

M

Mr Overboooost

vpulsar said:
lets hope thet told me right or I'm looking for a new i/c :cry: :cry: :evil:

i spoke to them back in march and all i said to them what was the spec of the forge front mount for the gtir ie total dimensions/cfm/horsepower caperbilities/pipe diameter/core size less end tanks
the answer was 370bhp max and the cfm was 250

i think you can calculate the horepower handling buy calculating the cfm with something else :?: :?:
does anyone know how to do this :?:
i will ask again on monday just to make sure i wasnt told rubbish by someone who didnt know what they were talking about :wink:

cheers
gary :)