cusco suspension

coxie

i bought a cusco lower suspension brace this morning are they any good if so does it make a big difference to the chassis

Iv got a whiteline one same difference as cusco one really amazing difference to handling inspires lots of confidence going into corners.

Mine makes loud banging noises under hard acceleration though i think it's the engine moving when the tires brake traction anyone else noticed this?
I have poly filled engine mounts so i would expect others to have the same problem (people with whiteline brace) dont know how close the cusco is to the rear transfer case? The whiteline one may be to close??

O

Odin

austingtir said:
Iv got a whiteline one same difference as cusco one really amazing difference to handling inspires lots of confidence going into corners.

Mine makes loud banging noises under hard acceleration though i think it's the engine moving when the tires brake traction anyone else noticed this?
I have poly filled engine mounts so i would expect others to have the same problem (people with whiteline brace) dont know how close the cusco is to the rear transfer case? The whiteline one may be to close??
mine doesn't bang 8) :wink:

vpulsar: is yours whiteline or cusco brace?

I think the cusco one hangs slightly lower at the rear so it shouldnt happen on that one. The whitline one is welded one piece so should be stronger at the rear part of the brace.

I think i might re-inforce the dogbone mounts at the front and rear of the engine as i think it's those that allow the front to back movement of the engine (and lose you power).

GTIR-LOZ

if you have a mongoose exhaust it bangs on the 4 point lower brace, the front pipe needs heating and bending up a bit :?