CRISIS! Oil feed leaking!

kirko

yep you could have one machined up ;-)

you must have really chewed that bolt in to destroy the threads like that :shock:
i dont want to rub it in at all but didnt you think 'hang on it shouldnt be this tight'

again i hope you get it sorted :)

Matt Evans

Its a long story, needless to say I'd had the bolt in and out about a dozen times and time was really tight for me. By the time the bolt went on straight it seemed to go in fine, but obviously the damage had been done. : (

Live and learn ey? : )

Matt Evans

Ok folks, I've machined up an m12 bolt in work, and drilled all the appropriate holes to match the original oil feed bolt, except its about a quarter of an inch longer. I fitted it to the car today and so far no oil leaks! : )

P.s. And this time I made sure the damn thing went in straight! ; )

O

Odin

Matt Evans said:
Ok folks, I've machined up an m12 bolt in work, and drilled all the appropriate holes to match the original oil feed bolt, except its about a quarter of an inch longer. I fitted it to the car today and so far no oil leaks! : )

P.s. And this time I made sure the damn thing went in straight! ; )

Good Job fella :thumbsup: , I hope it all works out ok for you mate ;-) .

Rob

Matt Evans

Thanks people, It took a while to get hold of an M12 x 1.25 die nut, but i got one in the end, drilled and threaded the bolt, and now it seems fine.

Such a close call tho, if it hadn't worked I'd hav been screwed! Haha, no pun intended! : )