crank pulley

raymo_gtir

put the pulley on, tightened up the bolt but the engine wont rotate with it on. is there a washer or spacer or somethin to be put on between them. as when i take the pulley off and put the bolt in the engine rotates easy as you like. so it seems the big pulley its gettin stuck on somethin. I didnt no how tight to make as the tighter it got I thought I heard a couple of cracking noises thinking it was foul on the oil pump.so just left it off in the mean time till I get a diagnosis

raymo_gtir

the oil pump is bolted to the sump the block and the head, so I can really see how it can be fitted incorrectly.
cant imagine the seal being a problem either.
just the worrying thing is the engine rotates smoothly without the pulley on. then when you try to turn it over with the pulley theres no joy

P

pulsarboby

surely he wouldnt leave that out!

tell you what the prob could be though, you havent used a 200sx oil pump have you?

raymo_gtir

right its the same oil pump that came with the block, and the pulley is a definite pulsar one but its rubbing off the oil pump casing,
will it be ok to put a spacer of some sort inbetween them. it must be fractions but i can risk crackin the oil pump...