Constant clutch problems

S

skar

This car is doing my head in :? . i fitted a new clutch in with the help of a friend about a month ago. The clutch was grabbing really low off the floor from the beginning and was meaning to adjust it but i cbf...

cut a long story short... about 2 days ago it started grabbing really low and then wouldnt take the gears at all, so i finally adjusted it. Now it was grabbing really high but i didnt mind.

tonight i booted it to a set of lights, clutched neutral and the pedal just felt all loose :cry:

go to take off at the lights and the grab point now is back near the floor. I checked the adjustment rod, and it hasnt moved. no leaks anywhere, and the slave throw looks good too. :?:

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hoping she gets me through the week so i can drop the engine next weekend.

kon

R

r5ben

sounds like mine but mines gone that low i cant get any gears now its as if its not working :cry:
mines a ap racing one whats the prob with them ??

mattygti-r

YOU BIG GIRLS! :lol:

mine an ap paddle and as we all know it snapped the box, it could be that on its way out? cos mine drives much differntly now

not much wrong with AP BUT have heard some horror stories like that poor bloke who got throu 2 cluthes in as many weeks

i fi was choosing a new clutch it would helix every time :)

daz

yeah well in my opinion ap racing paddle clutches are shite i have two here that have gone in the same place within like 3 weeks of fitting them