Confused over rear Discs

Sam_M

Im a bit confused here as I thought Import GTiR`s were the same as the Sunny GTiR in all mechanics.

Now ive been looking to get some new rear discs and pads, ive found a place online.. http://www.brakepartssuperstore.com/index1.html that seems reasonable considering rear discs cost almost double the fronts.

It shows Rear Discs for a Sunny GTiR for £15.87 +Vat each, but on the Import Pulsar it shows as £37.25 +Vat each. Would that most likely be a mistake? I know the front Discs are the same as Almera GTI and Primera GTI aswell, but the rears have got me confused.

Any advise would be great
Thank you
Sam

youngsyp

I'd say it's them just trying to take advantage of the import GTiR owners !

Just think to yourself, why would Nissan use different parts for the UK car, when there were only 80 odd cars officially 'built' for the UK market.

For example, I've just been looking at fuel filters for the R. Basically, 200SX ones will fit no problem (non ABS cars that is) but, parts companies charge twice as much for the GTiR ones because the have a bend in the filter to FPR pipe !

antgtir

I would say exactly the same as Paul, its probably the company trying to exploit the import market as they know it is a much bigger one compared to the UK made market, what they dont realise is that websites like this one point people who may not know in the right direction and away from their scams lol.

Ant.

vss irvine

i would say the discs at £16 are not gtir discs. they will be gti discs, ive never been able to source gtir rear discs for that price,
and the price of the pulsar rear discs is about the £40 mark each.

Sam_M

Thanks chaps, it seems your correct, I cross referenced the GTI and Sunny GTir rear discs on that site and they came up as the same part number, the Pulsar GTiR comes up completely different.

cheapest I can find rear discs with pads is £93 delivered, which sounds alot more realistic.