Compressor surge

red reading

Where also is the boost sensor plumbed in as it wants to be as near to the compressor as possible to catch the boost.

grim_d

My mapper is coming out today for some road mapping so ill chat to him about it then.

Boost solenoid is in the same place as when it was in dans, screwed to the left hand chassis leg and gets its source from the box under the plenum

grim_d

Not the solinoid the sensor for the eo1, it wants to be as near to the compressor as possible
My bad, I was reading on my phone this morning, pretty sure the answer is the same anyway. I would need to add a fitting to a joiner or the i/c pipe to get it closer, easy enough.

Isn't the important value what's at the intake as there's going to be some pressure drop from the I/C and pipework? I suppose by monitoring boost at the intake that the turbo could be operating outside of it's efficiency? If i had 1.6 bar (23.2psi) at the intake and hypothetically it lost 3 psi on it's way from the turbo then the turbo would be producing almost 1.8bar (26.2psi) which would be a bit much for the 0.64 a/r housing as the turbine couldn't efficiently sustain the compressor speed at that pressure?

Whats the gain set to on your E-01, having it to high can lead to spiking and oscillations which might sound like surge.
It was initially set to 10 when I first noticed it, after yesterday it's 35.

Last edited: