coilovers

A

Anonymous

hello me again

does anyone know how u adjust coilovers ?? are they all different ??

I took my car to protyre today to do 4 wheel alignment and they said they couldn't adjust the camber on it, and it is miles out...

front right is 3.48 degrees minus, front left is 2.53 degrees minus, rear left is sound tho and rear right is out by miles aswell

any help would be good

cheers

E

Edd

I dont think you can adjust the camber on coilovers themselves unless you have adjustable top mounts?
So youll need some adjustable top mounts or adjustable camber bolts to adjust the camber as its not adjustable on standard R

3 clutches in 2 months is not good [V]

A

Anonymous

great :(

they not adsjustable top mounts

they must be adjustable in some way surely as they are well out and there seems to be no other explanation for the camber to be that far out, unless they were adjusted wrong be previous owner...

GINGA

Just have a set of camber bolts fitted think there about £50[?]or better still have the whiteline handling kit fitted(£240)which comes with camber bolts,rear anti roll bar,bushes etc have a word with power station about them[;)]

Wanted 16" raceline rl7's

E

Edd

the adjustable camber bolts on there own are £100
the camber can be out dependant on how the shocks were fitted as if everythings tightened up while the wheels are in the air then it will leave the camber massivley out.
when mikey fitted his (kyb i think) shocks his camber was massiviely out, but powerstation couldnt fit camber bolts due to the new struts BUT by lossening some bolts and shifitng the wheels they could get rid of the huge negative camber.
BUt id invest in camber bolts or just get powerstation to fit them and do a 4 wheel alignment as they are fookin good at setting the wheels up spot on

3 clutches in 2 months is not good [V]

A

Anonymous

hi guys,
don´t know about your u.k. spec R´s but here
in Germany all of the stock R´s are fitted with
kayaba or tokico shocks AND adjustable bolts.
the bolt itself costs about 5,00eur. they will
work with any shocks with slotted holes instead of
circle-ones and a support for the bolt.

CheerZ
N3O

/* too much weed this week */

A

Anonymous

if i was to remove the coilovers and fit standard shocks back on the car..

what are the coilovers worth ????

GINGA

quote:what are the coilovers worth ????
How much do you want for them[?]

A

Anonymous

What make are they? How old? What condition? I'll swap you a set of standard shocks for your coil overs! [;)]

Dunc

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if pac man affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and
listening to repetitive music."

GINGA

Oi piss off I saw them first[:p][:D]

As above really depends on what make etc[;)]

A

Anonymous

I'll ave a look tomorrow for ya, as im not sure what make they are, they look black, but under the crap i think there red..

no idea how old tho soz...

A

Anonymous

no idea how to raise the ride height on them m8

im a dumb ass when it comes to things like this

M

Mikey

I will second that, he is dumb [:p][:D]

Rally bred Tarmac Terrorist .

A

Anonymous

By the way, Whiteline do camber bolts at £68 from Demon Tweeks. That might solve the problem.

Dunc

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if pac man affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and
listening to repetitive music."

GINGA

Think you might be best off popping down to power station and seeing what they reccomend,they should be able to fit the camber bolts and set it all up for you including the ride height if required and may even be able to set up the corner weights to[;)]

A

Anonymous

I know they can do it, but they are expensive, parts are cheap enough, just the labour..

and im selling the car now as it is too small, so can't justify spending a load of cash on it