Coilover Kit

M

markwashington

I've got BC's on mine and have since April this year, they've been no problem and handle great, i've had them properly set up at the garage where they were fitted. The car used to have LEDA's but they were far too stiff for the road and started leaking, I was then told by LEDA that they couldn't be mended and it would cost me £350+Vat per corner for a new set, needless to say I decided against going with them again.

MarkTurbo

Cheers... I'm having a good look through there website now. I can see Nissan Pulsar listed on a PDF document but it's not listed via their dropdown windows. I'll get in touch with one of there distributers and let you know what the outcome is.
I've got £1800 for hotbits coilovers in my head for some reason, i'd be interested to know how much the kit with remote reservoirs is though.

My car could do with better suspension, i really like the way it handles with the koni dampers that are on there at the moment but i always get the feeling that it could be improved a bit. Although the downside of having more adjustability on your suspension is there's more chance of making the handling worse! If money was no object i'd be straight on the phone to Proflex or Exe-Tc but i think either looking at the hotbits stuff (if its available) or getting a set of Teins and fitting softer springs is the more realistic option.

red reading

I've got £1800 for hotbits coilovers in my head for some reason, i'd be interested to know how much the kit with remote reservoirs is though.

My car could do with better suspension, i really like the way it handles with the koni dampers that are on there at the moment but i always get the feeling that it could be improved a bit. Although the downside of having more adjustability on your suspension is there's more chance of making the handling worse! If money was no object i'd be straight on the phone to Proflex or Exe-Tc but i think either looking at the hotbits stuff (if its available) or getting a set of Teins and fitting softer springs is the more realistic option.

You sure you want to fit softer springs on tein's??

red reading

Can't disagree with that markturbo............does'nt look too bright those shock's snapping in half,but then that was only one bc that has done that (looks like metal fatigue to me btw).

Braveheart

I'm still swimming through the soup so to speak.
Koni dampers are well thought of out there and it seems it's not too difficult to replace your strut dampers with Koni.
As for Hotbits.... I will have to send an email as most of the distributors are in Asia.

I had a look as HSD Coilovers http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/ (spoke to them..... could do coilovers for Pulsar if qty 5+ were requested)
Also Ksport do an inverted coilover and soon with remote reservoirs then I found this thread... "Truth about K-Sport" ...... a lot of bitching going on but some interesting stuff and worth a read if you have the time. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123666252-Truth-about-K-Sports

MarkTurbo

I'm still swimming through the soup so to speak
It is hard to know what to go for and i think for now i'll just try and do as well as i can with what i've got fitted. Being realistic a decent set of coilovers is going to cost £1500+ which is probably why the cheapo kits (D2, k sport, Apex) have sold so well in the past because most people just can't justify spending nearly the price of a complete car on a set of suspension.

Can't disagree with that markturbo............does'nt look too bright those shock's snapping in half,but then that was only one bc that has done that (looks like metal fatigue to me btw).
Yeah its only one that's failed in such a dramatic style and like i said being realistic about it that could happen to any manufacturer, i believe all the other problems with BC's where with them knocking.

Intrax is another option, but I believe they are the next step up the ladder again in terms of price (3k+)

Would be good if someone like Bilstein, Sachs or BOS (someone with some international motorsport pedigree) would make an entry level coilover kit for the Pulsar (say around the £1500 bracket).

Personally I'm waiting for my numbers to come up, then I'll get some clever sod to knock me up a set of WRC style hubs so I can run tarmac spec Reigers

stumo

I spoke to Avo at the motorsport show i Jan this year.

They said they wouldn't even consider doing any coilovers for the GTiR and the guy just switched off to any more questions.

Decent suspension costs money, although the forks on my mountain bike retail at 1400 quid FFS i just can't see me paying stupid money for it on the shitbox.

vss irvine

heres another lot that make coilovers for our car

We have 2 options:

1. Group A EXP - Coil over with external gas tanks, one way adjustable (simultaneous bump and rebound damping rate adjustment), with uniball (top mount).

2. Group N - Coil over without external gas tanks, no bump and rebound adjustable, without uniball. Our coil overs are prepared for surfaces like asphalt, gravel, snow, we can prepare rally, race versions (small differences in setup) First version cost 2480 EURO exc. VATSecond version costs 1550 EURO exc. VAT In attachment is photo of suspension for sunny GTI (N14). Rear coilovers are without gas tanks, but in version A EXP there are gas tanks in front and rear included.

a company called hp sporting

First version cost 2480 EURO exc. VAT
Second version costs 1550 EURO exc. VAT

In attachment is photo of suspension for sunny GTI (N14). Rear coilovers are without gas tanks, but in version A EXP there are gas tanks in front and rear included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIKv00yMr7I Nissan Sunny with HP Sporting

MarkTurbo

Thing is you can't really blame Avo as for most suspension manufacturers its not worth doing anything for our cars as they'd only sell a few sets which wouldn't even pay for the development costs.

Decent suspension costs money, although the forks on my mountain bike retail at 1400 quid FFS i just can't see me paying stupid money for it on the shitbox.
The forks on my mountain bike are only around £350-400 new but thats still more than the suspension on my sunny is worth. I do wonder which is the more expensive hobby sometimes!

Braveheart

Remined me not to get seriously into mountain biking..... had no idea you could spend so much on parts. wow
Bet the padlock and chain costs a fortune...