clutches?

J

justin666

Helix organic clutch mate.. Nice and light and take plenty of abuse :D Will handle 1 to 1.2 bar no probs. Had mine in for over two years now and it still doesnt even think about slippin @ 1.2bar :D

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/The_Nissan_Sunny_GTiR_1600/

Think they are about £260 +VAT there or there abouts.

Paddle clutches are all well and good for BIG power but over time the get annoying due to being really heavy and a right tart in traffic. Plus, the R gearbox tends to die alot easier with a paddle clutch.!! :shock: :cry:

Laters
J...

herbie

My box is dead....I also had a paddle clutch. Putting a Helix organic in before the new box goes on.

gtir350

I had a Helix organic clutch clutch on, and only lasted about 5 months of slow driving !!
Got an AP Paddle in now, so far its goin ok and had it in over a year now.

Dave

pete-r

i got an ap organic running 1.2bar (347bhp) with lots of launching at santa pod :wink: and no slipage.

antgtir

Aren't AP just a cheaper version of Excedy?

I had the Organic Excedy first and it didnt last long at all till it started to wine and judder like buggery, people can voutch for me on that too. Also it was a right t**t to push really stiff.

I have now got the Helix Organic (got the car back yesterday) and it feels really really good, its suprising what you get used to, this one is really light and easy to drive, makes a much more comfortable drive imo.

I would go for the Helix as if you look at the recommendations made on this site the Helix seems to come out on top every time.

kingy

don't get a AP clutch i had major problems with there paddle clutch had to be refunded twice.Reguarding coments like clutch being heavy is bull mine wasn't and it wasn't as bad as people say in traffic there still is a bitting point like a normal clutch.Just get a bit of clutch judder.
Got a helix organic in and its sweeeet.

A

Anonymous

i have got a helix in mine aswell but have heard wispers about this RPS clutch which seems to be sold by a couple of the traders on here.

has anyone got one of these and if you have whats it like?

wayne

MarkTurbo

antgtir said:
Aren't AP just a cheaper version of Excedy?
Nope, but AP racing did change their organic clutch a year or so ago and now use exedy cover plates :wink:

My AP organic is still ok after a fair bit of abuse :twisted:

G

GartracS2

Think I will go the Helix route then lads. Ta for the info. Word of interest here, How many of you took out the release shaft and cleaned it then molykoted it up? This is the main reason why Nissans have stiff clutch pedals, not the clutch its usually the shaft shitted up. IMHE anyhow (in my humble experience).
Ta guys your all cool and a great help ;)

O

Olly

GartracS2 said:
Think I will go the Helix route then lads. Ta for the info. Word of interest here, How many of you took out the release shaft and cleaned it then molykoted it up? This is the main reason why Nissans have stiff clutch pedals, not the clutch its usually the shaft shitted up. IMHE anyhow (in my humble experience).
Ta guys your all cool and a great help ;)
Good plan but to get a smooth pedal you should but some moly grease on the clutch pivot in the box and release arm contact area's too :wink: