clutch

nismoboy

Im currnetly using an ap paddle clutch (340lbft) and i hate it so i wanna replace it with a smooth paddle like the max puk rps clutch. Can i re use the cover and bearing on my old ap paddle and just by a new clutch plate?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
nismoboy said:
Im currnetly using an ap paddle clutch (340lbft) and i hate it so i wanna replace it with a smooth paddle like the max puk rps clutch. Can i re use the cover and bearing on my old ap paddle and just by a new clutch plate?

Its the Cover that gives you the clamping force... You'll want to use the RPS one to get the full effect of it...

Rishi

nismoboy

my clutch holds the power fine, it doesnt slip or anything its just horrible to drive.Can i just replace the clutch plate? and re use the cover and bearing?

nismoboy

nismoboy said:
my clutch holds the power fine, it doesnt slip or anything its just horrible to drive.Can i just replace the clutch plate? and re use the cover and bearing?
any one know?

can i re use my ap cover plate and bearing with say a helix clutch plate or ap oraganic clutch plate?

O

Odin

I'v seen people re-use there covers before matey as long as there in good nick, But I wouldn't scrimp on the bearing as it's a lot of work to take the box out if it does give up the ghost :cry: .

rob