CLUTCH!!!!!

P

Pulsarmad

Wondering if any one can help!

Ive had a (semi-racing) Exedy organic clutch fitted just over a year ago, and the other day the biting point on my clutch felt like it had dropped. I also noticed that whilst rolling in 1st gear with the clutch down the car felt shakey, but at a stand still felt normal. :?

Its still going into gear fine, but now feels really uncomfortable to drive as the clutch is so low. Could it be my clutch needs replacing again? :(

Any ideas from anyone?

Many thanks
Tony

O

Odin

Exedy organic clutch :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Better luck next time fella

rob

MarkTurbo

Check the level of the clutch fluid reservoir first :wink: Or for leaks from a split clutch hose etc.

But Exedy clutches havent got a brilliant reputation :(

Just ask Edd :lol:

mattygti-r

should have gone for the Helix but not to worry

could be a number of things

a) do you have a clutch support bracket?
b) check the fluid
c) its your clutch

Shaun

:wink: If you have no luck with bleeding the system,then you can adjust the bite position on the pedal,i think the procedure is in the How To Section :D If not PM me and i'll guide you through it mate :D

A

AVOGTIR

sound like the thrust bearing has broken, try not to use it or u will need a new fork aswell

the thrust bearing supplied with exedy/daikin kit are known to fail, better of buying the kit and not using there thrust bearings, purchase a OEM nissan one

matt

P

Pulsarmad

thanks guys, i got a mate to check it out, and it seems that it is my clutch. :(
Dont know wot i'm gonna do now. Feel tempted to sell the car, as i cant be bothered to go through all this again!!!
If anyone knows of someone looking for an R and doesent mind having to change a clutch, send them my way! hehehe

daz

welcome to the world of exedy and ap racing as they both shit. had the same prob the ap organic started being very juddery on pull off and clutch pedal was low in the end the friction plate sheered off from the centre of the clutch then had an ap paddle clutch and this happened after five weeks

have fun :p