Clutch

Mark N

Can anyone help?

Got in my car this morning and the clutch pedal was really soft which meant i couldn't select any gear. After a few attempts the pedal seem to get harder and anything was fine, but the biting point now is really low.

Does this mean the cylinder is on its way out?
Is there a seal kit that you can buy to fix it or do you reckon if i bleed it that should work?
On inspection there seems to be no leaks!

Cheers

Mark

LeeSmith

I have the exact same problem as you!!!!
No leaks or nothing.....

The biting point changes constantly too , depending on the amount of pressure in the system!

I have bled it and it made no difference....i Been told it's the cylinder, but needed a second opinion.

Mark N

I'm going to try and bleed it tonight then.
I've never bled the clutch before is it easy and how should you do it?
Is it easy also to flood the old fluid out and put new stuff back in?
Any advise on what fluid to use (what stuff did Matty put in, cos it worked for him?)

Cheers

mattygti-r

it did sort it but the fluid that wasi n there was filth

ive an ap paddle clutch

then about 2mnoths later the peddle box snapped

LeeSmith

Mark N said:
I'm going to try and bleed it tonight then.
I've never bled the clutch before is it easy and how should you do it?
Is it easy also to flood the old fluid out and put new stuff back in?
Any advise on what fluid to use (what stuff did Matty put in, cos it worked for him?)

Cheers
very easy mate - ask Vpulsar I'm sure he will give his polite opinion....HAHA!!! :p

Mark N

Thanks for the help everyone.

I got in my car this moring and the clutch was not working at all, it just went striaght to the floor. So I cleaned and bleed the system with new clutch fluid and everything works fine, think it was breaking for a while now because the pedal is alot stiffer. The only thing now is the pedal has started clicking.
I'll have to buy a clutch strenthening bracket, are they easy to put on?

Cheers

ps Steve Pudney you have PM