Clutch Slip

Pete Watson

Well it didn't last as long as i would have liked but there you go!!

Now looking for a new one, any recommendations? What about a Paddle Version?

Cheers Pete

J

jiw

Try searching mate theirs lots of info to be found, basically i found it to be either an ap organic or a helix organic.

the paddle type clutches tend to be a pig in traffic, have a limited life and can cause damage to the transmission.

steer away from exedy, their's a lot to be said about them and nothing is positive

jeff

M

Mr Overboooost

dont use a paddle unless you have got a quaife box otherwise the cruddy standard box will break :(
try the helix organic which is rated to 328ftlbs or the ap which is rated to 280 ftlbs both these clutches are very good and are used by a lot of people on the forum.

cheers
gary

R

r5ben

im getting a new clutch in a week or so im going for the helix organic think that will be the best one for me but im shoping around for the best price anyone know of any good deals on with this clutch or a cheap place to get them from ??

J

J-GTi-R

Helix all the way!!!

Mainly because unlike the AP organic, you don't need to use both legs to hold it down after 5 minutes of crawling traffic.

Like Gary says, paddles break boxes.

R

r5ben

is rallynuts the only place where you can get helix clutches from ??? :roll:

GTIR-LOZ

it says on the web page that it is only suitable for 1992 onwards so what is the difference before 1992 and would it fit ok? mine is a j plate and i think its 1991

R

r5ben

was just about to post that too ?? :roll:
is there just one clutch fitment for the gtir or do they change after 1992 ?? :cry: mines a 1990

nismoboy

gtir.spares said:
dont use a paddle unless you have got a quaife box otherwise the cruddy standard box will break :(

ive been using an ap paddle clutch for over 2 years on the standard box,and no problems plus its good for over 340lbft :D

kirko

ive had an exedy organic for over a year now its been great no problems, im running 1 bar and have driven the car fairly hard, whats supposed to be wrong with them

geetee

is there just one clutch fitment for the gtir or do they change after 1992 ??
Think you'll find that is UK spec. I think the R was available in Japan for a while before it was launched in the UK and elsewhere.

AFAIK all GTiR clutch fitments are the same possibly with the exception of the Dakar??????

Cheers
GeeTee 8)