clutch slave cylinder help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

stuartjeeves

can anyone tell me how to change my clutch slave cylinder as ive bin told that its buggered and this is causing my biting point to be so low it also sticks down occasionly and there appears to be greasy substance on the back of the pedal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also bin told that they are a bitch to bleed any assistance would be appreciated cheers my fellow nutters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

jiw

Sounds like the master cylinder mate, i did mine a few months back with slave and hose too and bled it through on my own in 5 minutes, try a search lots of info to find :wink:

ki_saj_ng

not sure about the master cylinder but it does sound like it is that due to fluid near ur pedals.

however the slave is a peice of piss, on top of gearbox, ul see a rubber hose going to it, 2 bolts to undo and 2 bolts to replace the new one. maye be a bugger to get to cos i did mine when the engine was out :wink:

also the bleed nipple is on this too.

T

Trev-R

My clutch slave cylinder died today :cry: , thankfully the pedal went to the floor once i'd got home :lol:

J

jiw

i had the engine out so i took advantage 8)

PM swampy, he is on with one at the moment, might call up at the weekend to give a hand if i get the day off from the missus and other commitments :roll:

hmmm

Trev-R said:
My clutch slave cylinder died today :cry: , thankfully the pedal went to the floor once i'd got home :lol:
If the pedal drops to the floor, check that the clutch hose isn't leaking. It may end up being the hose rather than the Master or Slave Cylinder causing the problem.

T

Trev-R

hmmm, your absolutely right mate! :wink: Took it apart today, was the hose.