Clutch replacement and engine removal!!!!!!!!

dankal

Hi my name is Daniel and I will be replacing my clutch an flywheel soon. I have been looking at the engine removal guide in the "how to section" in gtiroc.com website and it doesnt seem to be that hard if you have the right tools. I have never done a engine out job before but I will have a good friend with me who has removed engines a few times before ( but never on an R ).

So my question is : Do you think it will be easy to do this job by following the How to guide and please tell me about your experience if you have ever done engine removal on an ´R and roughly how much time it took?

Cheers

Daniel

Uncle Winnet

its not as bad as it looks if you have the tools and are ok with them just take ur time and you will be fine will save you loads of £ if you do it yourself the only time my car see a garage is when its mot time just get stuck in to it you will find its fun goof luck

john

J

Jamz

It's not that bad really just label the non-obvious pipes and wires and take your time.

I done it via the guide over a few weekends with the help of my brother, neither of us had done an engine change before.

Tony

It`s not as hard as it first looks!

It was my first engine i ever took out of a car!!!! just be careful and think of the money your saving!!!!

Tony....

ki_saj_ng

i dont think its all that hard mate, like everyone say, take ur time and think of the money.

put it this way, u cant actually BREAK (i dont think) anything so its all good :D

saj

Mark_GTiR

I'm in the same boat mate - my clutch has had it.. and I'm tempted to get my uncle to do it (he's been a mechanic for years..)

Only thing that made me laugh is when I first bought the R - my uncle said - DON'T EVER BURN YOUR CLUTCH OUT!! It's a bleedin nightmare on them ha ha ha so I might have to twist his arm to give me a hand...

Tony

There are many things you can break if you try to rush it!!!

things like power steering pipes and the brake breather thing on the back of the plenum!!

Allways double check the pipes and stuff as you lower the engine bit by bit!!

The engine can become stuck in the mounts! i dont use an engine crane but i think i could get it out twice as fast if i did!!!!

Tony....

dankal

Cheers for all the advice guys, I will probably be doing this soon because my new Flywheel arrived a few days ago :D .