clutch release damper?

gtir bean

not sure on the proper name but thats what it does.has anybody heard of sutch a thing being used?its basicaly a valve that lets the clutch slave cylinder work as normal when you press the clutch but if you jump off the clutch when launching etc it restricts the fluid flow and will let the clutch slip for a fraction.would this be a good idea for people that do a lot of 1/4 mile driving if using a paddle clutch to save the box?i know that my exedy dont slip when you are kaning it thru the gears so will be putting a fair bit of strain on the gears.

S

Sirnixalot

i've heard of something like this....not sure if it does the same thing but its standard equipment on the Lexus IS300 and 200's. Everyone removes them all.

If you want to be kinder to your gear box dont rely on some magic valve that might do nothing. Just shift a little slower. Ease off the clutch while going back on the gas slowly. Should do the same thing and the benetif is a smoother driving technique when you arent trying to break the box ;)

ashills

i have heard of something like this u can weld up the outlet from the master cylinder or slave cylinder cant remember and drill a tiny hole in it so that when all fluid rushes back u get a moment of slip works well with twin plates that are harsh and u wanna protect the box a bit

they have done this on the 4wd 323s in the past