Clutch probs

G

gav

Right :evil: i have just pulled my gearbox off the engine and 1 of the clutch plate springs has sheared through stopping the clutch being engadged. This happended on my last clutch (different make so not manufactuer fault) 6 months ago. Not very happy :( . Is this very comman and how do you rectify it. ie skim the flyweel.

J

jiw

im sure this is only a clutch related problem, what clutch are you using?

Arent the springs just their to dampen the load on the transmission? jeff

G

gav

Its an excedy clutch. I was told the springs are there to soften the take up of drive. I had a ebc 1 in before and this has done the same fault.

J

jiw

You are buying s h i t e clutches mate, try www.rallynuts.com for a helix £303 to your door, you wont find a better deal, get your flywheel skimmed too.

Ask edd about exedy clutches, but dont say i sent you :lol:

A

AVOGTIR

gav said:
Right :evil: i have just pulled my gearbox off the engine and 1 of the clutch plate springs has sheared through stopping the clutch being engadged. This happended on my last clutch (different make so not manufactuer fault) 6 months ago. Not very happy :( . Is this very comman and how do you rectify it. ie skim the flyweel.
on the clutch plate is there any red dust! do u have all your dowels pins, are they in the block or in the gearbox.

for springs to pop out, it seem that there is a aligment issue with the clutch plate..