clutch problem after rebuild ??

GTIRalf

ive just done a sump up rebuild and upon starting up and driving for the first time today :)the clutch dosent seem to fully disengage causing slip at very low revs and hardly any power selects all gears ok with no crunching munching or forcing just seems like youve got your foot on the pedal slightly at all times also very spongey(by the way it has had new 5.1 and has been bled properly):cry:, clutch was fine before rebuild could the master cylinder slave cylinder or both be shot as the r was stood for a few months could the seals have gone. any help would be much appreciated

cheers

pulsar_stu

Take the piston out of the slave cylinder and check the seal on it. Sounds like its sticking.

Easy to check and cheap to replace.

MarkTurbo

selects all gears ok with no crunching munching or forcing just seems like youve got your foot on the pedal slightly at all times
Is there any freeplay in the first inch of pedal movement, and is it a new clutch?

How did you bleed it? I always gravity bleed the clutch then you know there's no possibility of any air in the system.

geoff pine

The Nissan way 1 top up reservoir 2 connect transparent tube 3 fully depress clutch peddle several times 4 with peddle depress open bleeder valve to release air 5 close bleeder valve 6 repeat steps3 through to 5until clear brake fluid comes out of air bleeder valve. page cl-6 volume two Nissan service manual .

bob the builder

i had a similar problem with mine after fitting an aps clutch and a braided clutch hose. sorted by bleeding the system by pumping the pedal. lock bleed valve.
lift pedal back up and repeat at least 6 times.
once done all good again.

GTIRalf

Thanks for all the sudgestions guys, ive got a new slave cylinder coming so im going to replace that and rebleed the system at the weekend il keep yuo posted on how it goes. thanks again

GTIRalf

all sorted cylinder changed spongeyness gone also whilst having a good check around i found that the drivers side driveshaft wasent fully located due to suspension being changed for new coilovers and being knocked out of its locator (bruised ego time) causing "slip" luckily only moved 5 yards back and forth.