Clutch pipe gone

fil_gtir

After my visit to JAE on Sunday, and sitting in loads of traffic to get in, my gears became hard to engage, which progressivley got worse until my pedal only came half way up by the time I'd got home.

Checked level and loads gone, also pipe was wet and a puddle on top the gearbox, quite a relief really!

Turns out the fluid is leaking through the pipe wall even though there is no split in it.

So I am gonna have it replaced with a braided hose, after an exhaustive search for a local company.

Has anyone done this? is it ok? Roughly how much did it cost for a guide?

When its done, would anyone else be interested in one? Dont know a price yet?

On a slightly different note, my Goodrich hoses complete with locaters and the extra rear brakets have finally arrived, coated in clear plastic, looking the dogs. Hopefully the Kit will be available to all.

Cheers

Phil

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Skiddus did a group buy on braided clutch hoses last year, they looked the dogs, but I can't remember the price now.

MarkTurbo

I've already got a braided clutch hose on my R :wink: Made it up at work about a year ago :D

fil_gtir said:
On a slightly different note, my Goodrich hoses complete with locaters and the extra rear brakets have finally arrived, coated in clear plastic, looking the dogs. Hopefully the Kit will be available to all.
I've got your old kit that you sent back under my bench at work at the moment :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the kits for the R will be the same as your new kit now :wink: The spec has been changed and they were re-drawn a couple weeks ago :D After i kindly donated my standard hoses to use as a pattern.

I didn't get to see them before they were sent out :( but let me know when you've fitted them :wink:

fil_gtir

Cheers Mark for your help. They prob sent them out so quick cause I'd been hassling them. (I have waited 2 months!). :eek:

I did send in drawings and measurements originally but am glad you gave them your old ones as that will be a better fit. Aint fitted them yet, a few more jobs to do before that. :?

At one point I did mention you (not in a bad way), but they denied anyone with an R worked there, and I must mean Demon Tweeks. (I didnt argue) :shock:

I actually spoke with goodridge today about making up a clutch pipe, they said i could send mine in and they would make a copy and put it on their books. But I couldnt do without the clutch pipe for 2 months. Have you got an old one of them they could have. (just an idea).

Cheers

Phil

MarkTurbo

fil_gtir said:
At one point I did mention you (not in a bad way), but they denied anyone with an R worked there, and I must mean Demon Tweeks. (I didnt argue) :shock:
Ideal :D if i dont work there that means i wont have to do anything when i go in tomorrow :p 8) Did you get the name of the person you spoke to?

fil_gtir said:
I actually spoke with goodridge today about making up a clutch pipe, they said i could send mine in and they would make a copy and put it on their books. But I couldnt do without the clutch pipe for 2 months. Have you got an old one of them they could have. (just an idea).
Yeah, i've got one in the shed :wink: looks like that'll be getting donated as a pattern too :roll: :lol: [/quote]