Clutch Pedal Problems -Still losing pressure - see last post

B

beast14

I just changed the seals in the Slave and Master Cylinder because the clutch was being depressed and it was not coming back up.....it was losing pressure!........apparently my brake/clutch line was also bad and we also replaced it with a used one(temporarily)............however, when we did all that and drove the car the clutch pedal is only coming up about one third of the distance and then stop.......if we wait a few seconds it will pop right up...........so, it's appearing that we might experience the same initial problem...........any advice, suggestions, recommendations would greatly help.............

B

beast14

note: the car is driving but it feels like if at any time the pedal would stay down and not come up at all!!!........that's not good...........arhhh

kyepan

check and grease the spring on the pedal mechanism in the footwell..
also the box section that the pedal mounts into above the pedal for creaking noises, or clicking, as the metal is prone to fatigue and fracture. as it did on mine.
have you checked under the rubber boot where the slave actuates, if it is dry in there, a touch of copperslip on the arm pivot point/spring may free it up. helped me and Hmmm

a note on changing the seals, i have been told that if you change the seals only sometimes if the bore is scarred it will not solve the seals loosing pressure and you will wreck the new seals in a short period of time.. were either the master or slave leaking? there is a post about clutch fluid turning black that details the seal changing kits.

hope this helps.

A

AJ4

That normally happens when their is still air in the system - the pedal is spring assisted to make it easier to press down so needs a good back pressure to help it get back up off the floor. If you have air in the system then the air is being compressed and is not enough force to push the pedal back up.

Try re-bleeding and that should sort it (unless you have a leak somewhere :? )

B

beast14

still losing pressure !!

guys.....i got my car back for the second time from the garage and still getting the same problems.........it would be ok for a short while then the pedal would occasionally start giving trouble to come right back up.......gradually it would get worse until it just stays on the floor.......what's the problem???!!!!.........this is very frustrating.......so far i've changed the seals/pistons in the slave cylinder and the rubber brake/clutch line (which had a slight hole) and also the bleed nipple (which was bit worn).......................what esle can i do????

kyepan

ok if its not fixed then you need to go back and look at the clutch system again, what did the garage do, and what have you done yourself?

B

beast14

i personally haven't done anything........all that was said before was what my mechanic did......

A

Anonymous

:D you can adjust the rod on the back of the pedal that goes into the servo this solved my clutch pedal problem!!

paz

Two silly questions:

1) Have you tried re-adjusting the biting point of the clutch - I had a similar problem with struggling to engage gears and feeling like I had to push the pedal through the floor to smoothly change gear, but this was just the setting on the clutch being incorrect.

2) Have you/the garage had a look to see that the pedal mounting has not already fractured away from its mounting point, I understand this happens from time to time, in which gas the angle of the pedal would change and it would not be able tolift itself back up.

paz