Clutch Pedal problems - AGAIN!

B

beast14

sometimes my clutch pedal would hesitate before it comes back up....other times it might just stick to the floor.......

i've already checked for fluid leaks, changed the seals in the slave and master cylinder, changed the clutch/brake rubber line, changes the slave cylinder..............i'm not losing clutch fluid.............

i really don't know what else to do!!

could it be related to my release bearing, clutch or pressure plate - i've got the ACT 6pock solid clutch and the Xtreme Pressue Plate......this was only installed about 6months ago........

any advice would be appreciated..........
moved to problem section

warringtonjack

I really dont wanna sound like i'm taking the piss, but are you sure your mats aren't sliding up behind the pedals?? I have the original pulsar mats, and it really pisses me off the way it sometimes slides up behind the pedals, and yes, it does stop the clutch from releasing properly. Might not help, just a thought, always best to check the cheapest option first. :wink:

geetee

Sounds like the clutch pedal box has gone.

R's have a known weakness where the box that supports the clutch pedal eventually fatigues, cracks and collapses. Mostly cos Nissan used the standard Sunny mountings with an uprated clutch.

Give matty-gtir (summat like that!) a PM, he's recently had to have his welded up and has shots of where it breaks. There's a thread on here somewhere with the details and pics in it but it's too late to go searching :)

Wisdom is you can get away welding it up just by removing the speedo clockset but it's more sensible to pull out the whole dash. It's not as big a job as it sounds.

Too late I know, but you should have got one of Steve Pudney's support brackets for a tenner that reinforces the box to the steering column somewhere. I can't talk, I've been driving around with a creaking clicking pedal for a year now......

A quick Search on the forum for "Clutch bracket" will give you plenty to go at.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)