clutch pedal dropped!

J

japedup

hello peeps my pedal has dropped down a bit and the bite point is near the bottom.my clutch has been changed about a 10 months ago,please dont tell me i will need it changed soon :)

A

Anonymous

japedup said:
hello peeps my pedal has dropped down a bit and the bite point is near the bottom.my clutch has been changed about a 10 months ago,please dont tell me i will need it changed soon :)
have you checked the fluid level and colour yet :?:
might just be leaky seals :wink:

if the clutch is fubar already,i'd be expecting you to say that you drive like you stole it every time you got in it or there is some sort of mechanical defect :cry:

antgtir

Yeh i would check the fluid as a first step then if thats ok id be expecting a few little niggly probs to rare their heads grrr.

Had this myself, the clutch was juddering all the time as if it had been contaminated, then it went really stiff, like a damn paddle clutch lol and it was only an uprated organic, i wont tell you what make tho lol.

Check to see if your getting any fluid leaking inside to :wink: i.e. down the clutch pedal.

Ant.

J

jasegould

Or your pedal box has broken...if it has PM me coz I can fix these easily :wink:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
- Fluid Level
- Fluid Colour
- Pedal Box breaking from the Baulkhead
- Seals

Check all of the above...

Worst case senario is that the clutch was fitted incorrectly or the clutch pedal wasn't corrected after installation of the new clutch which can cause it to premiturely wear...

Rishi