Clutch nackered!

M

michaelhall40

Hi people, on sat night coming down slip road went for 5th and started crunching, lost clutch pedal, then no gears at all, shit!

Got towed home looking at today initially thought master cylinder but then found leak near slave cylinder(Both of which replaced in last 6 months).

Removed slave and have now foung clutch fork is pinned right back, and think clutch has collapsed! (poss release bearing gone through plate)

Basically it has an ap paddle clutch on it now, if i put new clutch on it i have been reccomended helix organic which is £300 on rally nuts. Car is running 1 bar of boost so:

1) Which clutch would people reccomend?
2) How much should i be looking to pay for fitting?
3) I am based in Hull can anybody make a recco for nearest fitter?
4) Could anymore damage have been done i.e flywheel?

Triple posts deleted

daz

lol ap racing paddle why does that not surprise me bag of crap clutches will prob look like this when you take the clutch out. now let me guess went for fifth gear pedal went straight to floor as if clutch wasnt there and now cant get any gears..

that picture was taken after the clutch had been in 5 and a half weeks but mine did it going from second to third............. plus i may add with no launches on that clutch

daz

me personally i would recommend the rps max street organic as sold by srb as i have this one now along with the fidanza flywheel and i love it to bits. i have come to the conclusion that pulsars do not like paddle clutches as mine ate three in as many months and so i have resorted to return to the organic full plate clutch and have had no problems what so ever. hope this all helps

G

gavmc18

my ap paddle lasted 60 miles release bearing exploded. didnt really get a chance to do any launches

gav

J

justin666

Ive had a Helix organic in mine for over 2 1/2 years now :) 1 - 1.2 bar boost, loadsa big launches and its still holding fast 8) Pedle feel is nice and light to so bonus :)

J..

antgtir

This is the exact problem ive got at the moment with mine. I came off a slip road going into sale manchester and the gears started to become extremely hard to get when the clutch was pressed, got a few miles down the road and had to stop at some lights. I then pushed the clutch in and couldn't get 1st, so had to put into 2nd, got to the next set of lights and the clutch pedal went straight to the floor.

I then had to get towed back home, had a look under the bonnet and the slave cylinder had popped the piston out as the withdrawel lever had been pushed all the way to the right (as you look at the engine). So i stripped it off the box and the withdrawel lever i found was just flapping about as if it wasn't attached to anything.

I have gone onto RallyNuts and bought myself a Helix Organic £298.40 inc delivery and vat, got it booked into RC Developments tomorrow, all im hoping is that the box isn't damaged in any way :cry:

I dont know of any places in Hull, i just thought i would post this up as it may make you feel a bit better knowing that someone else is going through the same heart ache as your self lol :roll:

Ill keep you posted on the progress of mine, goodluck with yours mate.

P.s. After researching on this site it seems that the Helix Organic clutch is probably the best most reliable clutch you can go for, im taking this opportunity to change mine as the one thats in now (Excedy Organic) is juddering like hell, and thats with a few k miles on it but no launchs at all :shock:

Ant.

A

AVOGTIR

see all that red dust in the clutch plate, u have alignment problem, i would be checking the dowels pins, and making sure the spacer plate was sitting flush with the motor, also check the alignment of the transfer case as it may be holding the gearbox out of whack.

u may find the same thing happens again.

daz

that was along while ago now and its all sorted. plus how can it be an alignment problem as when u release the clutch for the 1st time if there is anything slight which there wasnt it would sort itself out straight away. but the box went on straight all the dowels were ok and the metal type gasket thing was fine all went back together straight even then though it shouldn't pop a spring out as i know of at least four people who have had the same problem i just put it down to a. the pulsar transmission not liking paddle clutches and b. the ap paddle not being up to the job at all