Clutch Master cylinder replacement

LeeSmith

Hi, can anyone help me out here? I'm having a few problems removing the old master cylinder!

I have unbolted it from the bulk head and the whole thing is loose. The only problem i have is getting it out from behind the plenum chamber..... I can't seem to get the brake line spanner at the right angle.

I have tried from underneath the car, from the top of the car, i just can't seem to do it..

If you have done it, could you let me know how to do it while the engine is in situe, or is it a case of grin and bear it & drop the fookin' engine!!! Cheers!

Shaun

:D Hi mate,did you seperate the plenum :?: or did you do it from the brake servo side with the plenum intact :?:

J

Jonny H

Pm Olly mate. He done mine. I believe he took the Plenum off, however be prepared for a lot of F's and S's, the 2 bolts are a complete shite to get to!

LeeSmith

i pm'd olly already! i did a search first (WOW!) & found someone suggested that first!!

I looked at the plenum the other day & thought exactly the same thing! Those bolts look pretty damn akward! what type of gasket is it on the plenum? if i'm gonna do it that way i may as well replace it.

cheers!

Anyone else have any ideas??

Shaun

:D Hi mate,the gasket on the plenum is metal,so as long as its in good condition can be re-used :D The rear bolts are really fiddley,if i remember i used a shortened allen key(with a grinder)and a spanner to fit the allen key :wink:

Hope this helps.

LeeSmith

:lol: nice one! thanks mate, it looked like a metal one, just wasn't too sure!

I'll give that one a go i think! LOL!