clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder

R

r5ben

where can i get a new clutch master cylinder or is there a repair kit for them ??
anyone got the part numbers ?
is this hard to do seen some posts about this and it sound really hard :roll:
and i need the rubber hose that goes to the slave cylinder and help there to :?

MarkTurbo

You can get a repair kit for the clutch master cylinder but i'd just buy a new one. This is the part no for it: 3061054C50 £73 +vat

Its a right bitch of a job to change it with the engine in i think :wink:

MarkTurbo

Sorry :oops: Thats the price for the complete master cylinder :lol:

I think the repair kit is about £20-£30 :?:

R

r5ben

is tyhat from nissan or a after market place mate ?? i dont know why but i cant get anythin for my R round where i live :roll:

I seem to go thru clutch fluid like nobdy's business. I've put a dot 5.1 in there, and i just keep boiling it all away. Can't find as leak anywhere (having felt all around the area of the cylinder etc.)

Anyone know what's going on? Is it leaking somewhere i can't see?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
little ghost said:
I seem to go thru clutch fluid like nobdy's business. I've put a dot 5.1 in there, and i just keep boiling it all away.
You won't boil clutch fluid away as there shouldn't be any heat in the system, therefore you have a leak somewhere :wink:
Check inside the car around the top of the pedals, it might be hiding there.

LeeSmith

I got the Exact same problem as you, only the pressure behind my pedal is constantly changing...i.e the bite point for the clutch is sometimes high, most of the time it's low & i got to pump the pedal to bring the pressure back up....Can't find a leak at the moment.....i'll keep on searching though!!

Let me know how u get on...

GINGA

As fastguy says check under the dash around the clutch pedal and the carpet underneath that area :wink:

R

r5ben

i didnt think i had a leak till the clutch went :? and after a good look round its been leaking all over the place the master cylinder and the pipe to the slave cylinder so have a good look under the dash :wink:

J

JamesB

It only takes 1 1/2 hours to do the master cylinder. Just as long as you have a really short 6mm allan key socket attachment for the plenum - its a breeze from there using the "how to" section. :)

R

r5ben

looking in the "how to" bit it says that you can do the job without taking the inlet off ??
anyone done it like this ?? sounds better to me :wink:

Fast Guy said:
You won't boil clutch fluid away as there shouldn't be any heat in the system, therefore you have a leak somewhere :wink:
I guessed there's no heat in the actual system, but i thought heat from the engine might be backing up against the firewall and evaporating fluid somehow at the top up point. At the mo i've got my winter vent covers on so there's not that outlet for the heat any more.

The problem only really began after Trax, (i.e: heavy abuse/ hottest temps i've seen.) and i've read a post somewhere here about trackday prep. which says check clutch fluid afterwards, as it may have been boiled off/ may be boiling over the top of the resevoir.

And yeah, i've got that constant biting point thingy too. Just have to keep topping it up for now...

GINGA

r5ben said:
looking in the "how to" bit it says that you can do the job without taking the inlet off ??
anyone done it like this ?? sounds better to me :wink:
Yes a few times make sure you've got plenty of plasters :wink:

K

KRS

I tryed it without removing the inlet, I gave up.

Removing the inlet plenum is not to hard with the right tool to reach the rear bolts. I used a tiny rachet, My standard Hex sockets needed a bigger rachet so I used a small socket and cut a bit off the right sized ally key with a grinder to make my own shortened hex socket that fitted on my smallest rachet :)

Good luck mate, its a tricky job

R

r5ben

think ill try it as said without taking the inlet off and if it all goes t!ts up ill take it off as youve said :?
i have the tools thats needed so i think it will just be time for me to bleed abit :D but as long as the car gets back on the road ill be happy :wink: