clutch gone

R

Rotta

I have an AP paddle clutch in my R that has just gone after 3000 kms!!! Norris have quoted me 700-800 new clutch all done. Gutted!

anybody know a good paint/bodyshop i need my bonnet grilles repainting and theres also a couple of things i want tidying up.

O

Odin

Disco dave for paint work dude :wink: .

And try asking mike (exgtir) about doing your clutch you mave save a couple of hundred quid :wink: .

rob

Z

zid336

:oops: Try to stay away from Paddle clutches they rip the gear boxes apart, Get the Helix Organic Clutch they r the best give my Gary a call (GTIR Spares) on 07711834978 also has a brilliant mechanic who is Olly does the fitting in 7 hours i hope this helps mate :wink: tell him zid gave u the number ok if u decide to ring
:wink:

R

Rotta

zid336 said:
:oops: Try to stay away from Paddle clutches they rip the gear boxes apart, Get the Helix Organic Clutch they r the best give my Gary a call (GTIR Spares) on 07711834978 also has a brilliant mechanic who is Olly does the fitting in 7 hours i hope this helps mate :wink: tell him zid gave u the number ok if u decide to ring
:wink:
ill give YOUR gary a ring nice one mate thats a real help.

Davey

Who supplied/fitted the AP?
You might have a case for a warranty claim (if you've got the invoice etc?)

Z

zid336

:roll: what i meant my mate Gary!!! ent that kind of party you getz me!!!!!

You probabley take the whole engine out i dont know!!! We simply hang the transfer box which make the clutch more accessible everyone has their own ways of approaching all i know the guy who does the clutches has done at least 10 Pulsars clutches all have taken around 7 to 9 hours to complete those people who know im talkin about hint hint!!! He lives in Haywards Heath!!!! :roll:

M

Mr Overboooost

you lot are so funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the quickest i have seen a clutch done is 6 hrs but usually takes 7 hrs by the other person that does them without taking the engine out.

and dont start a slagging match this is a forum and not a playground :roll:

cheers
gary

Keira

zid336 said:
We simply hang the transfer box which make the clutch more accessible
you clearly dont have a clue about what your waffling on about so stop pretending that making olly a few cups of tea counts as doing a clutch change :wink: :lol:

all credit to olly for doing it with engine in situ cos we've tried and gave up and dropped it on the floor.. :(

anyways :wink:

i've seen a gearbox swap done in 5hrs start to finish 8)

do i win a prize :?: :?: :lol:

M

Mr Overboooost

kieron said:
i've seen a gearbox swap done in 5hrs start to finish 8)

do i win a prize :?: :?: :lol:

yeh kieron i can believe that ive seen it done that quick aswell by someone :wink:

cheers
gary

ex-gtir

zid336 said:
:roll: what i meant my mate Gary!!! ent that kind of party you getz me!!!!!

all i know the guy who does the clutches has done at least 10 Pulsars clutches all have taken around 7 to 9 hours to complete those people who know im talkin about hint hint!!! He lives in Haywards Heath!!!! :roll:
well if you want to play 1 up man ship i did 42 last year alone :lol:
as kieron say 5 hours is good but used to do them on my own car quicker cause everything was free

Keira

we'll have to share the prize then chaps :wink:

how does thirds on a packet of salt and vinegar i've just found down the side of my sofa sound :lol: