Clutch, Flywheel etc???

antgtir

I broke down on Friday :cry: . The withdrawel lever which sits onto the clutch release bearing has come away and flopped around causing the piston which pushes the lever to pop out and fluid to leak out (pedal to the floor job) so while the box is gonna be coming off, i thought seen as my clutch has been juddering like feck 20k after i bought it, id get another and poss a new flywheel.

What i need from you guys with the knowledge and experience is which make to go for? for both the clutch and flywheel (lightened and balanced etc or just standard)

The car is totally standard apart from a goose exhaust, and is running standard boost. If any of you can help id be very gratefull, cheers,

Ant. :wink:

R

ROSSGTIR

Hi mate it all depends on what kinda power your gonna want from your R, im opting for the helix paddle clutch as im planning quite big bhp, im gonna be doin alot of quarter mile stuff so i want sumthin sturdy, if your keeping yours fairly standard then i know the helix organic or the ap organic are really good for normal day to day driving, feels similar to the standard clutch and these are good for upto 300lb sq ft, where as the paddle clutches are a lil more fierce to drive.

antgtir

Cheers ROSSGTIR ive tried one place and they recommend the Excedy clutch but i haven't been impressed with the last one. They quoted £330+vat for it, and said it would be £420+vat for the Helix.

Is there anywhere else i could get the clutch from that would be greatly cheaper? and also quick as i would probably get it done next week. Cheers,

Ant.

kyepan

there is a rally site you can get the helix organic from for aobut 303 quid, do a search and you'll find

A

Anonymous

The HKS clutch for the R is crap, I fitted one to my car and it's a bit dissapointment. Next on my list is a Spec Stage 3 clutch (4 puck paddle but just as easy to drive as an organic... well at least they are on the MR2's).

R

ROSSGTIR

Yeah rallynuts.com are the guys i got my paddle from, very good prices as well, 330 quid delivered for my clutch :wink:

M

Mart

There is no point going for a lightned fly, if the box is coming for long enough whip ur standard one out and just check it scimmed ready for the new clutch.

Helix organic, search around to find a good price.

Mart

antgtir

Cheers guys, Mart, the flywheel thats in it at the mo is a second hand one anyway so i prob would get a new one, depending on the price lol.

Does anyone know a rough price?

Cheers for everyone's help so far,

Ant.

antgtir

Thanks to all for there advice on the clutch. I have visited RallyNuts and have ordered a Helix Organic clutch, well cheaper than what the garage quoted so im a happy bunny. :D Cheers lads :wink:

Ant.

P.s. Fingers crossed for the rest

Mr GTiR

plenty of people breaking cars atm so get a flywheel off them.

Otherwise i have a skimmed one in the shed up for sale.

antgtir

Mr GTiR said:
plenty of people breaking cars atm so get a flywheel off them.

Otherwise i have a skimmed one in the shed up for sale.
How much for a mate? mate :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:

Hopefully i wont need one but you never know.

Ant.

J

jiw

Just had a price off rallynuts of £316 for a helix lightened flywheel, jeff

C

clive760

flywheel

jiw said:
Just had a price off rallynuts of £316 for a helix lightened flywheel, jeff
try GMOTORSPORTS HE GOT FADENZA 4 £280ish :p :p :p :p :D :D :lol: :lol:

Mr GTiR

no point in getting a lightened and balanced flywheel if your not doing the same to the crank and bottom end :?