Clutch Fluid Leak

Danny S R

Hey All

Was driving my R and the clutch pedal felt very light for the first half of me pressing it down then it would just feel normal the second half, thought it was dodgy but went to the pub etc etc next day got in it now the whole pedal was light all the way to the bottom where the clutch JUST disengaged if i lifted the pedal even slightly it would bring the clutch fully out, on inspection my clutch fluid resevoir is empty!! Ive read bout all the problems with the slave and master cylinders, do i just check round each one for leaks and the tube that connects them? is there a common place that they leak from??

Thanks for the help,

Dan

A

AZ STE

Check the banjo connection at the font of the engine where it attatches to the slave cylinder they seem to fail at the crimped joint.

Danny S R

Cheers AZ STE shope its that easy, just in case how hard is it to get thje slave and master cylinders? and price?

A

Anonymous

:D had same problem turned out the rubber pipe was leaking slightly changed pipe no more problems just done it everything fine

S

Stoned

I had this and it was the rubber pipe down near the gearbox. If theres a big wet spot on your gearbox housing you know it's the pipe.