clutch fitting????

R

reeper32

i mite be picking up an R but the clutch needs doing....

i was told my a mate of mine who works for nissan that to do the clutch on these the engine has to come out... this true??

what should i pay for a clutch job???

cheers

Lionel

The engine dus not have to come out to get the box out for a R but it dus help.

if you go to nissan you best take some vasaleen with you when u pick coz it will cost you ££££

Some people on this forum will fit a clutch for around £250 upword

also have you got the clutch and do you no what type of clutch to use?

R

reeper32

yer im not goin to them to do it....

i usually use performancetuningservices.co.uk

they tuned my s13 and r32....

well tbh i was gonna go for an exedy one of ebay think its standard brand new £150 whole kit...????

or if i can get a standard one cheaper.... the car runs about 260bhp...

Lionel

yer this is not a realt exedy and is only just beter then the standard nissan clutch.

if your going to run 1bar+ that clutch will last all of 10min LOL

MarkTurbo

reeper32 said:
well tbh i was gonna go for an exedy one of ebay think its standard brand new £150 whole kit...????
I wouldnt get an exedy, and if your looking on ebay make sure you stay away from techniclutch too ;-)

Despite the fact that you've only got around 260 bhp i wouldnt fit a standard clutch, id go for either a helix or Ap racing organic. It'll cost you £300 but they're far better than any of the other clutches about ;-)

R

reeper32

^^hmmm well at 1st i only want 300bhp ish.... i wont run more than a bar for a while....

its a bit of a cheap project at mo.... was thinkin satin black car wit white rays wheels...????

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
reeper32 said:
its a bit of a cheap project at mo....
Oh no it isn't :der:

If you're looking for a cheap project................look elsewhere :lol:

You'll only end up breaking the thing for parts 6 months on :doh:

R

reeper32

nah when i mean cheap project i meant the r im hopefully getting needs a respray n welding on the arches so it will be my projects over some time....

i know this game is expansive, im only just 22 but ive had 2 s13's and recently sold my drifty R32 skyline so i know bits aint cheap.....

+ i love the sr lumps... too tunable!!! :)