Clutch bleeding probs

G

goob

hi folks, had my R on the road for monday, but later that day i when i pushed clutch down it pretty much stayed on the floor,i tried to bleed the system but theres still nothing really there, its like theres not a strong springy feeling on the clutch.

ive heard i need a pressure bleeder,is this true?

i'll get some pics of it up soon when its sorted.thanx for any help.

LeeSmith

check the clutch fork as mine had the same problem, but the fork had snapped.

Could also be the slave cylinder or master cylinder seal.

antgtir

LeeSmith said:
check the clutch fork as mine had the same problem, but the fork had snapped.

Could also be the slave cylinder or master cylinder seal.
Id go for this, check the slave cylinder seal isn't leaking by pulling back the rubber dust cover, see if there is any leakage.

Check inside for any leaks to. My withdrawel fork also snapped in two pieces, looking at it you wouldn't think it would but it managed it with me, my clutch was real heavy at the time tho, soon upgraded to a Helix organic, now its fine and dandy :D

Ant.

G

goob

i've checked under the dashboard and the metal bar that the clutch pedal pivots on has come away at one side, is that what the forks are? how would i fix this?

its a nightmare, there is a slight bit of oil on top of the clutch pedal too. ive ordered a new clutch pipe already but i take it the problem is alot more than that?

i tried to bleed it as i said but there was no change at all.went through about 1litre of fluid!

G

goob

ive been reading around other topics and looks like that well known bracket has come away.i noticed on ebay a guy selling reinforment plates,could i just buy one of them and get someone to weld it on. all your help is much appreciated.

p.s ive only got about 1/3 play in the clutch pedal,as u push it down it feels like the slightest of judders, fluid ame through when i bled it though? cheers