clutch adjustment

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I realise this has been covered but my problem is a variation on the theme.

My clutch is a twinplate quartermaster (Superclutch) and is quite heavy.

However, I realised on the drive to work today that it has about 1" of play (Fine) followed by about 2 inches of action (Whatever) followed by about 4" of a very heavy movement for no gain to the carpet.

Today I was guessing where the mid air engagement point was and the clutch action felt really nice, not too heavy and very quick. The problem is guessing where the mid air point is.

All the clutch adjustment posts are about adjusting up around an 1" or so but not on how to move the clutch stop. Was thinking of a carefully placed tennis ball/piece of wood might do the job but thought I'd see if anyone else has any more sensible ideas. :oops:

Thanks,
Jim

zia

there two form's of adjustment one would be to reduce the pedal travel by screwing the pedal stop which would decrease the pedal travel so take up free play. or you could adjust the cylindar reservior strikeing rod adjust take up of clutch engagment.but the thing to be careful of is increasing fluid flow to slave as if it doesn,t release properly due to take of free play then the relaese bearing will be still contacting pressure plate and cause premeture wear to pressure plate spring's.

zia

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Thanks for a more sensible idea Zia :wink: 8)

I'll get myself inverted under the drivers foot well and see if I can see the stop adjustment as I obviously missed it with my quick glance the other night.

Cheers,
Jim