clocks (speedo)

beanyv6

hello i wonder if anyone can help i fitted white dials the other day and the usual thing happened i f*@k the clocks up now i need a new set but rang some places up and they saod there is 2 types of clocks the ealya ones had an antilock light in the middle and the later ones had an abs light in the middle they also said that u have 2 have the one thats in as the other will not work

Is this true or not ? as im looking 2 get some new clocks

cheers adam

geoff pine

YES this is true there is a problem with the early clocks as the printed wiring diagram is different on the early models mines a 1990 car and i did the same thing with my speedo (bloody white dials) The replacements had the abs logo on them and did not work (no dash lights no dials working on the whole speedo console. The difference is the electrical connector in the middle the connections have been moved around and do not connect with a newer set of clocks. On possible to just swop over the speedo's rather than the whole console

chrism

I fitted new dials last night and when I started it up only half of the dials were working.A little perserverance and I got all to work except oil temp.I gave up as I was too tired.I´ll get that little b%gger to work tomorrow.A bit of twisting,pulling off putting on and they worked again.
If you put the needle on only a little,you can twist the dial to full left and full right.Twist it to full left then take the needle off and put back again at the start pin.I did this until the readings were roughly as they should be.

A

another sunny

i too fooked my clock(bloody white dials), luckily i had a spare clock set but they were different only they both had the abc simbol in the same place, the only difference was the markers are outlined in white...anyway i found that the printed circuit is different but the clocks are the same so i just swapped the casing(with the printed circuit). Now all is ok(well would be if the replacement clocks worked 100%)