Clear Headlight Lenses

GTiR-Aholic

Hi Guys,

So I've just got my 4th R last week for my project SR24DET and the first thing I've done which is a necessity is installed a Bi-Xenon HID kit because I'm always circling the M25 in the early hours of the morning.. and heading up Bedfordshire and so get hit my really thick fog!

I sell the kits myself and so it didn't cost much but I retail these kits at £185 because they have the Angel Eye ring as well as a Projector lense with Hi/Low Bi-Xenon beams ;-)

Below are pics of my installation, I went to the trouble of quickly spraying the sides of the reflector card which looks pretty good when on the car (I'll get the pics of it on the car tomorrow + with the lights lit up!!)

What I wanted to ask is, does anyone have any idea as to where I could get Clear Lenses for the headlight or even another car which would have the same fitting for lenses??

... It really spoils the looks I think, and I think the clear lense would do wonders!

Attachments

Joni

I don't think you can find a clear lense for it. You will either have to make one or try to use something else like primeras aftermarket lights lense. they are different shape aswell, but could be close. That one makes it more expensive as you would need to purchase the primera lights aswell to get the lense.

Did you check how the beam goes with the pulsars glass as that glass is the one that makes the light pattern. could be a mess...not sure.

Where did you find those projectors? does someone sell em separate?

GTiR-Aholic

I import the kits myself 100 at a time.

You can't get them separately - not unless someone's breaking a car fitted with them and is willing to let them go 1 at a time..

I knew it'd be a struggle to find clear lenses for it but then saying that.. you mentioned the point that the glass for the R produces the light pattern (that's probably why no-ones produced an after market clear lense kit?)

I'm not too fussed now actually, I've just fitted them this morning and I have to say they still look really nice even with the patterned glass. I'll attach the installed pics below.

I fitted then on my white R as well and when it went for MOT, It lost it's light pattern with the Bi-Xenon's fitted but they still passed - I asked if it would be an issue but he adjusted the headlamps as I accidentally raised one so it would have been blinding but with right adjustment he said they would be perfectly legal :thumbsup:

However the red ring that I chose to put on mine isn't really legal I believe but at night when the beams are on, you can't see the red rings at all.. so I've chosen to keep the red rings rather than white/blue.

Cheers for the input :)

Attachments

R

riske

Looking good mate. I also would like to see some pics of the angel eyes at night please...bet it looks fucking mean!! Anyways what Kelvin are they? Possibly would be interested in a set!

GTiR-Aholic

GTiR-Aholic

I've got the headlamps from my white R which I'm breaking, I've got the lamps open so I may ask around to a few manufacturing companies to see if they would mould a clear heat-proof plastic lense for me..

Do you think there would be much interest if I was to get a load of them?... I'm thinking group buy would be a better idea because of the cost to manufacture (setting up the tool + stuff)

im sure the lenses would appeal to the batty-boy gtir owners!
Fixed for you mate :thumbsup:

I have a nice Bi-Xenon HID kit fitted to my R. No fancy rings, just 6000k bulbs, slimline ballast. Plug & play too, no cutting of any wires, uses the standard H4 connector to power the kit.

Cost me 60 quid. Bargain.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
:shock: That looks amazing!! - I've changed my mind again.. I want clear lenses lol.

Like the way the grills in the bonnet, gives it like a nose. Looks reallly mean!
Its awful, looks like it has been for plastic surgery that’s gone wrong.

I feel that sometimes people attempt to modify the GTiR because they have nothing else to do with their time.

If it’s for gain then I'm all for it, but just to adjust something for the sake of it is the wrong attitude and should be left alone.

R

riske

I think your kinda right andy but each to their own. If someone wants to make their car look meaner then its up to them really. I would change mine if it made it look better. Would you not?

GTiR-Aholic

Good points.. but I feel the clearer lenses not only makes it look meaner but it makes it look like it's kept up with technology as well. Not saying I'm embarrassed to drive a 94 R, definitely not!.. but I think the clear lenses showin off projectors is sexy. :)

GTiR-Aholic

Fixed for you mate :thumbsup:

I have a nice Bi-Xenon HID kit fitted to my R. No fancy rings, just 6000k bulbs, slimline ballast. Plug & play too, no cutting of any wires, uses the standard H4 connector to power the kit.

Cost me 60 quid. Bargain.
Didn't get them off me did ya? lol. The non-projector kits are easy to install.. like you said "Plug 'N Play".. I had the same slim ballast 6000k kit fitted but then I got my hands on these projector kits I just HAD to take it apart lol..

I didn't realise though that it meant taking the headlight apart.. it's a B**ch of a job!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I think your kinda right andy but each to their own. If someone wants to make their car look meaner then its up to them really. I would change mine if it made it look better. Would you not?
My point is that image above with the botched nose job looks hideous and no amount of “drivers own tastes” comments could save it from the point that it looks bloody awful and ridiculous.
There is a slim line between styling that looks aggressive and complete delusions that bolt on additions from Halfords or insane bodywork will make it look better.
When I change/modify my car it based around improvement, looks are not a part of my agenda.
Granted there are visual changes, but they are all purposeful and their introduction to the car is to improve or aid the cars performance.

The original GTiR contours are a symbol and brand name of Nissan, any attempt to change them for poor styling is treason to the GTiR name and what it stands for.

Too often our cars are subjected to over styling and piss poor attempts at making the car “more aggressive”. It’s like taking the Mona Lisa painting and adding a shell suit and Burberry cap to make it more modern and link it to today’s modern way of styling.
By all means, put the Mona Lisa in a better frame, clean the paint work and put it where everyone can see her, but you don’t touch the main image. It’s a work of art and the GTiR should be looked at in the same way.

GTiR-Aholic

Many people here will probably agree with you that they prefer the R just the way it is and that any changes are made to improve it's performance - I agree .. I personally have nothing but love for it.. I just like to modify it's personality as well, like some prefer to modify it's engine.