Cleaning rocker cover..etc..

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Auto glym Engine Cleaner and toothbrush 8) then use car wax on the rocker cover to finish it off..
I found cheap engine de-greaser from Halfords or similar establishment does the trick.

I went down to a local jet wash, sprayed they engine bay, rocker cover, gearbox with the can, left it for about 5-10mins and then washed in all off on the cheapest wash on the list.

It came up nice and clean and all the dirt and crap was washed into their drains rather than on my driveway :thumb:

pulsar craig

i was actually going to ask if anyone ever steam cleans there engine and whats the best way to do it as i wanna do mine

R

riske

I thought you couldnt pressure wash petrol engines?? I know you can with diesels but thought with petrols it can fcuk it?

R

riske

So what bits do you avoid and due you scrub it with engine cleaner first the a good rinse off with the pressure washer?? Just so i dont fcuk mine up...

dannogti-r

South Wales Rep
i try an keep away from the dizzy an air filter. i usually give a scrub first with a hard bristled brush, leave it a while then wash off. if your worried bout it then cling film or bag up parts that you wouldn't wanna get wet. thats the way i'v always done it.